Does Sub for Sub work???

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Novainfusion I would disagree with subs4subs as well. Although, I was looking at it a bit differently. I thought you meant subscribing to channels hoping others will sub back. I guess either way the end result is the same. For me, I rather sub a channel of interest to me. I don't want to see content on my channel that I'm not interested in. :smileysmile:

Reactions: Samira

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
S4s loops generally top out at 1.5k subs. It would be hard to press to 2k due to the inbuilt restrictions. The only benefit is psychological in the viewers mind, viewers may be more inclined to subscribe when the channel has 1k subs as opposed to 57. Many do it, especially in the kids toys vertical, is because it is so darn hard to grow to a point where you are offsetting at least some costs of the channel and not bleeding red ink for months on end.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Sub for sub DOES work on a super small scale. If two channels promise to watch in full, comment and like each other's videos, I'd say that works and is easy to do. But the more you do it, harder it gets. You couldn't earnestly watch 10 20 50 100 or more channels in exchange for helping you. They couldn't either. Not counting those who say they'll watch you then don't.

PvtPsycho

Friendly Neighborhood Psycho
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It’s not worth it at all. It will get you some subs most will unsub and others will never view your content.

Charles Knapp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I'd say there's some good to this! Let's keep our head up shall we?

The definite bad side of doing sub4sub systems is that your channel will definitely show that you've used some sort of boosting service towards your numbers, and it makes it clear to users that you don't care about your growing community and actual subscribers. This can cause loss of interest from users, and in the long run really doesn't help your channel at all. I'm starting this for beginners, as why use a service such as this when you already have the numbers.

For advanced and popular YouTubers, I could see this as a possible revenue boosting service, which being popular already on YouTube, can help boost your standing in the SEO ranks and possibly help drive new users to your content? I might be going off on a limb here but I think this topic has a lot of controversy and needs to be discussed in detail.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Sub 4 sub is not going to get you real subscribers. You can increase views and subs by doing that but your video retention rate is badly affected. I dont prefer doing that. Its good to get real viewers than fake ones.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you are looking for the +1 on the subscriber number yes. But do you end up with meaningful subscribers that actually liked a video you produced? Doubtful. Besides, it is a very time intensive process, and any real YouTubers will automatically block you and blacklist you in their mind as a fake individual.

Noobzilla

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Whether you think it works or not, this is just a reminder that sub for sub is now against the YouTube ToS.

"Offering to subscribe to another creator’s channel solely in exchange for them subscribing to your channel, also known as "Sub4Sub," is not allowed. Creators who offer such exchanges risk losing subscriber numbers, receiving a Terms of Use strike, or even having their channel terminated."

Reactions: Samira

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Never do sub4sub, it doesn't mean anything. Natural growth is more better, it comes from the heart.