Does Sub for Sub work???

Novainfusion

Hi everyone,

I have been wondering about this sub for sub thing for a while. This is how it goes. I person on youtube asks if he or she can sub to you, in return he or she asks that you sub him or her back. Now it may look like you gained a subscriber. In reality that person will likely never watch your video's or does not even subscribe back.
So now your channel has lets say 500 subscribers, your video's have an average of 70 views. This shows that the subscribers you gathered for your channel are all pretty much useless.

How do you guys think about this??? Would it be usefull to try this sub for a sub out or is it just fooling yourself?
Because the video's that you upload get low views and everyone can see that the subscribers are fake or inactive.

Sorry for the long story hope to see from you guys soon :) Thanks for reading :)

You need to know, that Sub4Sub is like gathering death subs so propably nobody from this exchange wil gona watch your stuff

You have already given the reasons why it doesn´t work! People doing sub4sub won´t care about your videos, they only think about their own numbers, and for some reason think other people will care about their videos!
A lot of people here will say it´s a big NO to do sub4sub!

You have already given the reasons why it doesn´t work! People doing sub4sub won´t care about your videos, they only think about their own numbers, and for some reason think other people will care about their videos!
A lot of people here will say it´s a big NO to do sub4sub!

Thanks for the comment TheSwedishTraveler. But why do people still try it though? i just wonder i hope somebody can clarify it :) guess they think it is worth the time or something.

The fact it is literally forbidden on this forum to ask for a sub4sub tells you enough about the general opinion on it. Why do you need clarification? You already explained it perfectly. Sub4sub is done by either quite young kids or people who dont care about anything other than their subscriber amount. Sub4sub won't help you build an audience and won't help you gain views, so other than increasing the number of subs it is completely useless.

The only reason I can think that people would do that is to reach 100 subscribers. That would give their account more privileges, as well as letting their account take advantage of the algorithms for 100+ subscribers, allowing their videos to appear higher in search results.

I never did the "sub for sub thing" but recently one particular video who was offering to give a shout out to the winner so long as I comment on their video and possibly win the shout out... ever since I commented on that one video I have been getting a lot of new "dead" subs being sent over... the way it works is the person is sending them to my videos as they were instructed to comment on my video and then sub...

Majority of these subs are not interested in my videos... they are just trying to win a shout out from that one other youtuber. Sub for subs don't work.

It doesn't work in the sense of building your channel.
It MIGHT work if you just want your sub count to look good. I say might because it's likely that they will unsubscribe from you soon after subbing.
But as you stated, they will sub to you and not watch your videos because they didn't subscribe to you because they like your content. They subscribed so that they themselves will gain a subscriber.

The fact it is literally forbidden on this forum to ask for a sub4sub tells you enough about the general opinion on it. Why do you need clarification? You already explained it perfectly. Sub4sub is done by either quite young kids or people who dont care about anything other than their subscriber amount. Sub4sub won't help you build an audience and won't help you gain views, so other than increasing the number of subs it is completely useless.

You are correct Dutchie in England[DOUBLEPOST=1507667815,1507667769][/DOUBLEPOST]
The only reason I can think that people would do that is to reach 100 subscribers. That would give their account more privileges, as well as letting their account take advantage of the algorithms for 100+ subscribers, allowing their videos to appear higher in search results.

Does having 100 subscribers really put you that much higher in the algorithms?? doesnt it need like 1000 + atleast?[DOUBLEPOST=1507667866][/DOUBLEPOST]
It doesn't work in the sense of building your channel.
It MIGHT work if you just want your sub count to look good. I say might because it's likely that they will unsubscribe from you soon after subbing.
But as you stated, they will sub to you and not watch your videos because they didn't subscribe to you because they like your content. They subscribed so that they themselves will gain a subscriber.

Right on the money S Mielz you are correct.

Back