Does Spamming other channels work?

Purpleoak

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
People do that to me all the time, but usually it goes to my spam section. The channels I do check out and garbage though

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It works up to a certain level. When you start, unless you have a following on another social platform, you start from zero. The algo ain't going to send you traffic. You won't get any "real" viewers, and by real, I mean people without channels. All your views come from other channels. Everyone is in the same situation. The only way to get views and subs consistently day by day is to engage with other startup channels in your vertical, scratch each other's back so to speak. That's why everyone does it, b/c there's no other way. So it works, but up to a certain point. Certainly for your first 1k subs, perhaps into the 2k range. Once you are in the 1k-2k sub range, your new vids should get 200-500 views out the gate, which in many cases is more than the 100 sub channels that get 10-20 views. So your vids start getting into suggested spots on other 1k-5k channels, and it builds slowly, very slowly, from there. Once you start getting real traffic from real viewers, the sub strategy is pointless as you real traffic far eclipses the sub channel traffic. That's why you don't generally see 5k+ sub channels engaging in it. There are caveats to this strategy, and you need to make yourself aware of them prior to implementing it.
That's a really helpful answer. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

TobyWan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly dont look at their higher subs and think they're doing better. If they are spamming channels its very likely a bunch of those subs are sub4sub and not really helping them.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
It doesn't work. Upload constantly, don't cut corners and make videos that is, to your audience, the best video of all time and will compel them to share it with friends who then will in turn do the same

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Dont spam other channels. But to comment sincerely can help. Especially if your channel name and thumbnail are each a good indication to what your channel is about.

TheItaLianStaLLion || Dan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In my opinion, although it somewhat gains a form of traffic, when let's say you have 20,000 subscribers, doing this method for such a long time, you may be lucky to get 1,000 views, seeing it's sort of a form of sub-for-sub.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It could help your channel grow, but please don't do it. It's super obnoxious and just makes the Youtube comments more toxic than it already is.

Melinda621

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru
This is a good question. Lol

I was watching another youtuber in my niche, and she said that when she first started YouTube, she commented on other people's' channels, and now she's at 2 million subscribers.... so maybe there's something to that strategy? lol I tried doing it earlier (just now, actually lol), but just couldn't do the whole "subscribe back!" thing because 1. I didn't subscribe and I don't want to subscribe to random channels I am not interested in lol and 2. It seemed so spammy.

But I think that leaving nice, thoughtful comments couldn't hurt.... I mean, especially for newer youtubers, you gotta put yourself out there, right?! Lol

Akradon360

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've just started my channel again and currently have no subscribers. And I don't use facebook, so I can't promote that easily. But I do use twitter. I will comment on various channels about their video. But will never ask them to check out mine etc. Just feels cheeky. I'm hoping that once I get more videos uploaded then the subscribers and views will follow.

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I had a huge dilemma with the ethicality of this approach. So far I've only dropped a few comments on very specific videos that I sincerely enjoyed. Getting the first 100 subscribers seems like a really tough job even though I find our videos high quality. Time will tell!