does social media sharing contain spam ?

Burak Oyunda

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
wassup guys , I have a question , is it dangerous to write ur channel's social media links (facebook,twitter etc) under your video's description ? some people say it is spamming

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
If it's your channel absolutely not. That makes no sense. Now with that said, there is a trade off. Youtube in general doesn't like it when people leave their site and cares about watch time session. So if you're getting people to leave the site, make sure you're getting good value off this. Don't send people to your social media for no good reason. Consider having a product, a service or exclusive content. Just make sure you're offering value that they won't get through your channel.

Reactions: Burak Oyunda

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Absolutely not. It's your channel, and you're allowed to brand it and link to any external social media site you want to.

It's not "Spam", if it's in your video descriptions.

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nah dude. It's your stuff and it should be a way to share all other forms of your internetainment. I've seen bigger youtubers do it all the time and figured, heck, if I was interested in them, I would want to check out their facebook too!