Does removing the song from your video...

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I got a claim because of a song on my video that doesn't even belong to the person but they have before claim the same song on other videos and I don't want to go through the process of receiving a strike there because I dispute -_- (you can tell I am really angry)

Anyways to the point. My question is: If I remove the song, does the third party content removes with it?

UltimateKirbyBoi

Certified Sorta Cool Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian
Very short answer is yes.
The longer answer is yes, but you shouldn't be afraid to dispute it if it doesn't belong to them.

Zerodecoole

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
caesar.wtf
Channel Type
Other
Yes.

Where did you get the song from? I got a claim on one of my videos a few days ago because of a song I got from an audio library and a different audio library that also had the song claimed my video through AdRev or something so I contacted the company and explained that I was allowed to use the song and they removed the claim shortly after.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
The ContentID system is actually really quite nice for avoiding copyright strikes. It's the stuff not in ContentID that you need to be careful of.

If you get a content match, you can always remove the video or song before the content owner ever has a chance to issue a takedown notice. And of course the content match goes if you remove the "offending" content from the vid.

Reactions: WolfWraith

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Thanks everyone :) I went out and leave it with the youtube edit and they remove the music but my voice is still over it so it was a pretty awesome edit from Youtube's part and the video is back to being monetize.

Thanks for everyone and it was because I had a mod on Left 4 Dead 2 with the song Hakuna Matata and I was singing over it but aparently this company called T-Series Music claim it and it doesn't even belong to them. The song belongs to disney ._. and I tough it was disney but not it was them.