Does promoting your videos in Reddit and Discord help?

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I wanted to know cause there is some people that have been doing it and able to get quite a decent amount of views and subscribers.

Have you guys ever try promoting your videos in those two websites I mentioned in my thread title? If so, does it even help at all?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You need to treat Reddit as a regular forum though, but they´re more ruthless than most people, since they know that people only go to Reddit to post their own videos and they get sick of it! But if you earn their trust, it could help.
I have made my own section of reddit, to post my own videos, and have seen some traffic on it, even though no one has subscribed to it.

CaptainNeedy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If you have a small channel starting out then Reddit and discord can help you get a little attention to it, but those places (and every place else) are filled with masses of people screaming to get a little bit of attention for their video as well. And almost nobody in those masses of people are looking to spend even a second's worth of attention on the videos of other people they only want other people to pay attention to theirs. That is where the feeling of futility comes in.

The way to overcome this:
1. Have some compelling reason why your video is worth watching in the first place
2. Become as effective as possible at communicating what that reason is to others

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wanted to know cause there is some people that have been doing it and able to get quite a decent amount of views and subscribers.

Have you guys ever try promoting your videos in those two websites I mentioned in my thread title? If so, does it even help at all?
Yes they helped my channel get a good start to some really nice growth on my channel. Continuing to grow your channel though you have to have the basics of good content ext.

Reactions: J-Richard

ClickClackClunk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

With Reddit you have to be careful as the community is really not into spam or people posting stuff for profit. This means you have to post quality content to specific subreddits which fit your niche. You also have to be really careful about cross-posting to lots of subreddits and about spamming a subreddit with your content. Once a week is ok, everyday is definitely not (for the most part).

That being said, Reddit has huge traffic and getting even a little bit of it is good for any website or youtube channel.

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Designer, Other
Reddit will definitely drive some traffic if you post, not too often, in your niche subreddit. But as said in previous posts, dislikes can come very quickly.

Reactions: J-Richard

Tykesmurf

Reaction score
We are a large channel and have had nothing but problems from agressive reddit commentors targeting our channel. If you have reddit experience and would like to intern with a large channel send me a message.