Does Negativity Get More Views? Need an opinion or two

GearGasms

Reaction score
I had my first big video blow up a few weeks ago. I had been doing these Top 10 Underrated Guitarists videos here and there and they were always fairly popular. I was watching Joe Rogan's podcast recently and they were talking about how social media platform algorithms tend to favor posts that are polarizing so people will engage more, which they tend to do when they're p****d off. So I decided to try that out and do an Overrated Guitarists list. Well, the theory is correct because that video did huge numbers for me - over 70K views! At one point it was at 3000 views an hour - it was crazy.

What was also crazy were all of the seriously angry comments. Where I would like an opinion is - I think I'm being fairly gentle, clear about the definition, making sure to point out something good about the player (many of my own favorite players are on the list) , tried to make it humorous and fun but still the anger was off the charts. I had to hide a few users from the channel for the first time because it was so over the top.
Apparently the algorithm also stops suggesting it out when it goes below 50% on the like/dislike. Right now those numbers are only like 20 apart from each other.
So I want your opinions first and foremost on the feel of it. Do you think it comes off as hateful or super negative? Also interested to see if it starts getting suggested again if the likes go back over 50%. The whole like/dislike thing is just a theory, so if any of you know or have experienced that, I would like to hear your observations.
The feared YT algorithm has everybody guessing most of the time.
Of course, I'll take any other constructive criticisms as well.
Thanks in advance - I'm really learning a lot on this forum - so glad I found it!
Top 10 Overrated Guitarists Video