Does my channel have even a shred of hope?

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
Please feel more than free to skip this backstory and just read the bolded/italicized questions, but: my biggest channel was recently demonitized and it made me truly realise more than ever how unstable the content I was initially posting actually was. To somewhat rectify the situation, I decided to begin uploading my IRL videos to this bigger channel instead of my much-smaller IRL channel with the hopes that I could eventually get it remonetized and that the videos may get more traction on the larger channel.
Now my channel has never been more dead (understandably, of course, seeing I completely switched up the content on the channel!) and I feel like I'm just confusing everyone, including myself. So, I have some questions:​

1. Do you like the thumbnails/titles/topics? Would you be likely to click on one of my videos?
2. What do you think of the pacing and the editing? Is the content enjoyable enough to retain your interest?
3. Would you be likely to subscribe to the channel or is the channel just too messy right now? How can I fix this issue in the most sensible manner?
Basically my overall question is: what can I work on to improve my channel and it's content and potentially drive more traffic to my videos?
I'd like to delete my old (and now irrelevant) compilation videos that are clogging up the channel, but they're all driving traffic to my channel and I feel like it'd just fall further if I were to take them down.
Also, I thought I'd integrate some of my old IRL videos over to this channel, but I feel like they're confusing as well (not to mention that they tend to perform worse in terms of views than my recently made videos) - should I remove them and just leave up my newest IRL videos?

I've been trying to work this out by myself and with the feedback of my viewers, but it's gotten to the point that I think I really need (and would greatly appreciate) an outside perspective, so thank you so much for taking the time to read/respond to this!!​

Last edited:
I actually think that in terms of content, you are doing really well, and I like the style of your videos, its something that I have been thinking of trying myself recently for a change. Your thumbnails don't look generic and are easily readable, and your tags and description look good. I would say to private the old compilation videos though, as they have no relevance to what you are doing now. Really the only thing I can say is you're welcome for the ego boost.

I actually think that in terms of content, you are doing really well, and I like the style of your videos, its something that I have been thinking of trying myself recently for a change. Your thumbnails don't look generic and are easily readable, and your tags and description look good. I would say to private the old compilation videos though, as they have no relevance to what you are doing now. Really the only thing I can say is you're welcome for the ego boost.
Thank you so much dude, that seriously means a lot!! I'll definitely make a point of setting those old, pointless videos to private though haha.
My ego has skyrocketed through the roof and is currently chilling on the moon making friends with the stars and it has you and your physics to thank for that.

Thank you so much dude, that seriously means a lot!! I'll definitely make a point of setting those old, pointless videos to private though haha.
My ego has skyrocketed through the roof and is currently chilling on the moon making friends with the stars and it has you and your physics to thank for that.
Well, ya know what they say, what goes up has to go down, so I'll be sure to talk s**t about you later to make that ego shrink to its normal size.

Well, ya know what they say, what goes up has to go down, so I'll be sure to talk s**t about you later to make that ego shrink to its normal size.
I'll just make sure to release incredibly overpriced merch when I blow up (which, with my ego as inflated as it is right now, I am totally confident that I will) so that you can get your s**t-talk in and I can make s**t-tons of money in the process!! Who needs silly things like self-assurance and happiness when you're rIcH, right?

...Right?

Hey, just checked out your channel and it is very good;

Positives;
  1. Thumbnails are good and look professional
  2. Your edits a good and you have great flow (it can be a difficult skill to keep a sentence going whilst being funny)
  3. good use of cutaways and SFX
Things I would change;
  1. I agree with the above comments, you have a lot of compilation videos, although they look to be doing well for views, I imagine they are either due to the topic or people are liking your edits. It depends on what you want your channel to be, do you enjoy the reaction/IRL/Comedy videos you are doing or do you enjoy the compilations? you could end up having a split subscriber base who like the edits and like the videos you are in, both are great and you can continue to do both if you enjoy doing it, just food for thought.

All in all I like your content, keep it up :)

Hey, just checked out your channel and it is very good;

Positives;
  1. Thumbnails are good and look professional
  2. Your edits a good and you have great flow (it can be a difficult skill to keep a sentence going whilst being funny)
  3. good use of cutaways and SFX
Things I would change;
  1. I agree with the above comments, you have a lot of compilation videos, although they look to be doing well for views, I imagine they are either due to the topic or people are liking your edits. It depends on what you want your channel to be, do you enjoy the reaction/IRL/Comedy videos you are doing or do you enjoy the compilations? you could end up having a split subscriber base who like the edits and like the videos you are in, both are great and you can continue to do both if you enjoy doing it, just food for thought.

All in all I like your content, keep it up :)

Thank you so, so much for your feedback!! I truly do appreciate it a lot, and I completely agree with your comments on the subject of my compilation videos. It's really got me pondering haha, but I'm sure I'll reach a definite conclusion as to what exactly I'm going to do with them at some point soon. Hey, for someone with the name 'Destroyer', you really built me up here ;)

75k Subs geez more like what aren't you doing right lmfao. You're quality is pretty good. I mean you keep your intro brief enough to be interested so i kept watching. Thumbnails are easy to view and your edits are nice. Also appreciate that you through in slight comedy here and there. So overall is like 8.5/10. Def just keep going and pray susan wojiscki well acknowledge your growth lol

Are you the one who made the edits which originally made the channel popular? I suggest making a new channel so you can have a dedicated audience. Other than that, you're confident and you have things to say, which is a good trait for a youtuber. You could do videos about popular culture, you have to find something to make videos about to form an audience on.

Back