Does it seem like famous Youtubers have WORSE quality over time?

ShyGirlGetsLoud

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know what it is.. but I feel like some of my favorite Youtubers are worse overtime. And I wonder why?

Its seems like a lot of my favorite comedians have gone from sketches and stories to just sitting in front of the camera improvising with nothing really to say....

I get that being creative all the time is exhausting and draining... I just wonder what is going on???

Technomania

its over 9000!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
they think their superior and the money they receive is just fueling their ego. if you think they are bad at their current standing then comment about it, besides you dont need him he needs you. thats how youtube and marking works in real life.

ShyGirlGetsLoud

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
they think their superior and the money they receive is just fueling their ego. if you think they are bad at their current standing then comment about it, besides you dont need him he needs you. thats how youtube and marking works in real life.
I do get that vibe from some of the youtubers. Sometimes I feel that others have lost their passion for it. idk

Adam_Fitz

Dog Crazy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think they just get lazy, and thats it
They have the following so can scrape by with the minimum
And what's worse is they have some of their followers who will blindly love anything they do and praise a QandA every week, ONCE a week :p
And if you leave a comment as constructive criticism its either
buried in "OMG FIRST" or "ILOVEYOU" comments
Deleted, or You could be attacked for having an opinion :(

What's worst is with the following and money to fund things
they could be doing amazing and exciting content!

Beastby

Designer, gamer, lion tamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
A few Youtubers who I used to watch religiously just slipped over time. They either released videos that weren't very well edited and became inconsistent with their upload schedule.

I think the benefit all us new youtubers have is that we're learning from their mistakes :D

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Let's remember that Youtube's payments are based on views, so would you rather fine edit a video, or releast two worse videos? People will watch them anyway, even if they are complete turds.

Reactions: Adam_Fitz

Fezstar

THE BOSS EYYYY
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ya they completely do get worse over time!
I've always said that, once they have the money and the following, they don't even need to bother anymore as their following will do all the promotion etc for them!

Denimdude

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Coming up with new ideas can be a challenge. Especially if you've covered a wide variety of topics and content. Kinda makes me think will these big YouTubers be doing this when they're 50 or so.