Does faceless branding work?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it is most important in the beginning....People might find it more interesting if they "know" who you are. Once the ball is rolling and your channel is big doesnt matter at all IMO.. As mentioned in this thread you see a lot of faceless channel that are doing great:)

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Lots of branding is text or a drawing that’s not a face. I see no problem

Curiosity Ridge

I make Videos
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
While this is just my opinion. I believe that showing your face allows you to have a Human aspect to your channel. Its always nice to be able to associate a face with a voice. That being said, some channels have become extremely successful even though they haven't shown their face, HowToBasic is one that comes to mind.

Onyx Arcane

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Unless it really, really adds something to your vids, I don't see the point of adding your face to videos. If you add your real face say you for like an added comedy part in a video to break it out a bit maybe as an example of adding something to a video. However, something it's not really necessary to add it.
Thanks! Onyx shall stay faceless..... Even though Onyx didnt have one to begin with:)[DOUBLEPOST=1522955510,1522955384][/DOUBLEPOST]
I Make only screencast videos so its important showing my face...I don't do it and yes you can still succeed without showing your face. It all depends on the value the content you are offering
Thank you for the reply! Onyx does use intensity to make it a bit more exciting....... If Onyx doesnt vent with intensity in the YT videos, Onyx experiences bodily explosion. So its a must:)[DOUBLEPOST=1522955573][/DOUBLEPOST]
if its still entertaing who cares about the face
Hopefully Onyx is entertaining enough............... Oh Youtube....how tricky is thee!

Onyx Arcane

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think it is most important in the beginning....People might find it more interesting if they "know" who you are. Once the ball is rolling and your channel is big doesnt matter at all IMO.. As mentioned in this thread you see a lot of faceless channel that are doing great:)
Onyx is hard to figure out...... Onyx thinks its best this way;) Thanks for the reply!~ Hopefully Onyx Arcane does get that ball rolling

Onyx Arcane

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
AVE does not show his face and he is closing in one 1 million subscribers.
He has shown his bare hands though....... That a problem.. ..... Its really not, Onyx is just alittle insane now[DOUBLEPOST=1522956050,1522955651][/DOUBLEPOST]
While this is just my opinion. I believe that showing your face allows you to have a Human aspect to your channel. Its always nice to be able to associate a face with a voice. That being said, some channels have become extremely successful even though they haven't shown their face, HowToBasic is one that comes to mind.
Onyx has been told that my crazy motions shows my human aspect to the channel....... Its honestly, to Onyx, not that humanly. hAHA!
As to how to basic....... Onyx had to branch off to a second channel and leave that one. Because Onyx is................. HowToBasic;)

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
He has shown his bare hands though....... That a problem.. ..... Its really not, Onyx is just alittle insane now
iv been watching him for a while. a lot of his content appeals to me. I gotten admit the faceless thing I found kind of weird at first. but it does not stop me from watching.

I would like to know how he sets up his camera for the majority of his video though. is like a first person view with his hands. but the camera is obviously on a tripod or stationary anyway. I do mostly repair type video's and use a similar point of view for certain points in some of my video's and it seems the camera is always in the way of trying to do what I'm trying to show...lol

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can still succeed without showing your face, there’s plenty of YouTubers that don’t show their face. Some YouTubers get more subscribers from it, I think because it’s very mysterious and everyone wounders whis behind the mic. There’s channels that even where face masks, some of the mask with the voice changer creeps me out just because of how scary of the mask is but I also find it interesting and I wonder who’s behind that mask.