Does faceless branding work?

Onyx Arcane

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Always hearing that you will be more successful if you show your face more.
ONYX DOESNT HAVE A FACE!
So will that effect Onyx in the future? Is it more of a decreased percentage of lost in success?

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There are plenty of youtubers who don't show their face! H2ODelirious (10 mil subs) I'm pretty sure ohmwrecker (1.7 mil subs) and penguinz0 (2.1 mil)

So don't worry about it bud! I'm pretty sure if anything you'll just have to work a little harder! :D

If anything you could like bait it out every so often to draw in views to videos!

Onyx Arcane

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
There are plenty of youtubers who don't show their face! H2ODelirious (10 mil subs) I'm pretty sure ohmwrecker (1.7 mil subs) and penguinz0 (2.1 mil)

So don't worry about it bud! I'm pretty sure if anything you'll just have to work a little harder! :D

If anything you could like bait it out every so often to draw in views to videos!
Why thank you DB! Gives us faceless entities hope! But baiting huh? Hmmmmm Onyx must think about that. YOU KNOW WHAT! Onyx shall do that soon! Its a new year and we must all get IT!

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have never and will never put my face on camera. It simply will not happen, period. This is for a lot of reasons, I come from an era where providing any information about yourself online is a massive no-no, because there are far too many people on YouTube, especially on the far-left that YouTube inhabits, who will actively dox you, will try to cost you your job and will try to harm your personal relationships. And finally, because absolutely nothing I have to say will be made more true or worthwhile because I said it. Facts are facts regardless of who says them. So no, never going to happen.

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Why thank you DB! Gives us faceless entities hope! But baiting huh? Hmmmmm Onyx must think about that. YOU KNOW WHAT! Onyx shall do that soon! Its a new year and we must all get IT!
Oh by bait I mean like always kinda hint about showing your face, but never do! :D

It's strange to explain because IM SO BAD AT WORDS x(

but whenever you get popular (if you always upload it will happen sooner or later <3 !) people will wanna see your face, and having that mystery will draw in people

>.> if that made sense this time (im so bad at wording lol)

Onyx Arcane

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I have never and will never put my face on camera. It simply will not happen, period. This is for a lot of reasons, I come from an era where providing any information about yourself online is a massive no-no, because there are far too many people on YouTube, especially on the far-left that YouTube inhabits, who will actively dox you, will try to cost you your job and will try to harm your personal relationships. And finally, because absolutely nothing I have to say will be made more true or worthwhile because I said it. Facts are facts regardless of who says them. So no, never going to happen.
Good points!
Luckly Onyx doesnt have a face so Onyx wouldnt have that problem.

Onyx Arcane

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Oh by bait I mean like always kinda hint about showing your face, but never do! :D

It's strange to explain because IM SO BAD AT WORDS x(

but whenever you get popular (if you always upload it will happen sooner or later <3 !) people will wanna see your face, and having that mystery will draw in people

>.> if that made sense this time (im so bad at wording lol)
Oh... Onyx thought you were talking about the Click Bait method. Which isnt a bad idea as well:) BUT YES! I agree on what you are saying! Onyx extends his thanks

FireShock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Unless it really, really adds something to your vids, I don't see the point of adding your face to videos. If you add your real face say you for like an added comedy part in a video to break it out a bit maybe as an example of adding something to a video. However, something it's not really necessary to add it.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I Make only screencast videos so its important showing my face...I don't do it and yes you can still succeed without showing your face. It all depends on the value the content you are offering