Does everyone hate the new Beta Studio as much as me?

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I have seen some bad rollouts in my life (healthcare.gov), but how could youtube get it so wrong with Studio Beta. I mean NOTHING works and it has about 20% of the functionality of Studio Classic. Does Youtube realize just how BAD it is? Does everyone agree with me that they need to just abandon it and leave things as they are, or start from scratch and do it right from the the beginning? Somethings are just not worth repairing. Studio Beta might be one of them.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I didnt like it at first because everything was different.. But after using it for several weeks, now it seems fine..
For me everything works .. so if NOTHING works for you, something must be horribly wrong with your account.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I have tried to use it but many functions I want to use are not available in the New studio and I constantely switch back to classic. The new studio kind of feels like the difference between a fully functional Desktop website and reduced functionality Mobile website. I think the New Studio is geared towards Mobile and that is why it has reduced functionality. I hate mobile sites myself and only do web browsing on my smartphone when absolutely necessary. I do 99% of my online work on my Desktop PC.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
It's slowly growing on me. I wish it would load faster, but it generally seems to work okay. I miss the old way to add ending cards (especially the "import template from video" function), but the editor works well enough. :) I like some of the new stats in beta, but I still feel so used to the classic version. :eek: If something isn't working, I'd report it! They seem to read those reports. ^_^

Reactions: markkaz

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I miss the old way to add ending cards (especially the "import template from video" function), but the editor works well enough. :)
When you click on a fully upload video in the videos tab, there will be a button with 'endcards' on the right. When you click that, it brings up the classic version :) I always import a previous template, so I don't use the editor.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
i dislike how you can't do everything under the "new beta" and so you have to keep flipping back to the old one to do certain things. I have gone back to the old one until they finish it. ^^

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
i dislike how you can't do everything under the "new beta" and so you have to keep flipping back to the old one to do certain things. I have gone back to the old one until they finish it. ^^
Exactly! Why launch a system with LESS functionality? That is my gripe. The whole purpose of "Upgrading" is to add functionality. That is why I dislike "Mobile" sites. They are always a trimmed down version of the Desktop site. The whole flow of technology is to make things better and give users MORE options, but for some reason, where ever anyone launches a Mobile site anything, it feels like they just seem content to add basic functionality to it. Take amazon.com for example. If you order something on your phone through the App and then five seconds later realize you sent it to the default address when you wanted to send it to another address (parents, friends, etc.), there is no way on God's green earth to change the shipping address on the Mobile app or on the Mobile site, even switching to "Desktop" version in the mobile browser does not allow this option. But it is easily accessible from a Desktop computer; just click on the order and BAM, there i is "Change Shipping Address". This is just one of many things I have found lacking in the Amazon.com mobile app and site. WHY? Sure you can complain;........ OOPS, I forgot, Amazon.com got rid of their USER FORUM because they no longer want to hear from their customers.

I understand YT wanting to modernize. We all have to do it. But why make it a "Downgrade". At a bare minimum, they should go through the old system function by function and make sure they included all of the old functionality before releasing a Beta for testing. Beta versions are to help you "Refine" things, not help you "Design" things. Releasing a Beta version that lacks the functionality that you consumers are used to is like releasing a new model of car with only three of four wheels.
Take Annotations for example. One of the most useful features on YT. YT just gets rid of it, POOF. Users screamed and screamed and has YT done anything to replace it? Nope! Why were ANNOTATIONS so essential? Because it allowed you to add information to your video AFTER it was published. If you made some mistakes in your video that you did not discover until later, you did not have to delete the video and start over. What's wrong with deleting a video and starting over. Okay, here is an example. I have one video with almost half a million views. I made it before I was a "Youtuber" and it has some errors in it. I used Annotations to correct these errors or explain them. Youtube gets rid of Annotations, so I put the corrections and in the description. Nobody reads the description, so every freaking day I get comments on the video from users telling me about the errors. Why not delete the video? Because this video is responsible for 1/3 third of the traffic to my channel. It has been linked to by hundreds of sites. Now, if Youtube would allow me to REPLACE the video with an edited version, so that I would not lose all the stats and data on the video, that would be good. Or if Youtube provided an online editor that would allow me to edit the video (those do exist, but apparently Youtube does not know about them), that would be another way. But noOO! Youtube gets rid the only possible way to add corrections to a video and then just walks away to never address the issue again and then releases a New Studio with even LESS functionality and then tries to force us every stinking day to use it.

When I went through web design school, I was taught the two main factors in web design are "Ease of Navigation" and "Load Speed". You want a website that loads fast and that customers can get around easily. Today it seems like these new designers seem to value looks and aesthetic over ease of navigation and speed. Just FYI, if you have to "LEARN" how to navigate a website, it fails the "Ease of Navigation" smell test. Ease of Navigation means that a person who has never used it before can easily find what they are looking for. This is what happens when you have too many people going to college. Everybody wants to justify their years of sacrifice by coming up with a new way to do things. Well, I am old school. "If it ain't broke, it don't need fixin'." There is nothing wrong with classic studio. Slap a new coat of paint on it and it is good to go. JMHO

Last edited:

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
So I am trying to use the New Studio and I am going list the things I don't like. To start off with,

1. Text boxes not resizable in Chrome.
2. Character Count missing from Text boxes.

ttxela

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not a great fan of it and still go to the classic as a preference. Is there anything you can do in the new version that you couldn't do in classic?