Does DEDICATION Guarantee YouTube Success?

Bumpy200

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great way to put it. I respectfully disagree, I think that people can develop themselves into becoming successful. I don't think it's a matter of fate. It depends on the person's personality. If you have the qualities that open you up to the possibility of having a youtube channel and making it your career. You'll find a way. The key isn't a specific thing like SEO or whatever, rather it's the strength of the individual's will who is running the youtube channel.

Last semester, I uploaded weekly even though I was in college. Stayed up good number of nights and focused on it rather than school. Was I able to make enough money to make a living with Youtube? Not yet. BUT when it does, I'll give you a more biased and accurate answer based on my experience. Thanks for your answer. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1485283126,1485282847][/DOUBLEPOST]@Bumpy200 I think I can help you. If you are interested lets talk. Whatever you're comfortable with. I've got a discord, facebook, messenger... your choice
Sure,thx. how about skype? Mine is Marco Botha (with my channel logo)

Mello Fello's

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
First, what does success mean to you?

Being successful is a subjective term, at least to me, that can say a lot about a person.
One might argue that success is when they finally release a platinum album. Another might say that success is met when you reach a one million dollar net profit. Another says one million is a chump milestone at 1 billion dollars is real success. Maybe even your local dealer might say that if he is able to sell all his heroin stash each week, that makes him successful.

So that is why you must CREATE your own success. You set your own standard and yes it can reflect that of other people or other examples, but in the end you must set a goal to yourself and ONLY you know when you reach success. YOU WILL FEEL SUCCESSFUL and you will not need anyone to assure you that you are.

I know that this may not be the answer you are looking for but you must realize that anything and everything you do, so long as you do it with the intentions to better yourself (reach success), you will take a step each time you set your mind and heart to the task.

But in like anything one wishes to master or reach success, that level you seek so desperately can only be achieved if you maintain a willingness to NEVER STOP LEARNING!!!!!! Learn from every successful step, but more importantly learn from every failed attempt. Dedication, motivation, passion, self improvement, and conquering fear are all key ingredients in anyone's success.

Even if the world gives up on you, you keep at it and maintain optimistic. Believe in yourself and you will be telling your "success story" to all those who never thought you'd make it to the top.

amateurgamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's no single factor to make a channel a success. You need a bit of everything and even a lot of luck won't be enough.

Dedication is what keeps a channel alive. It won't guarantee your channel will grow but it ensures content will be consistently uploaded.

Constantly learning and improving will make your content better seeing people willing to stay behind for more.

No matter how good your content is, it won't get attention if your channel is unknown to others. There are countless other channels out there. What makes urs so special?

Luck can get you only so far but, without great content, people won't stay behind and ur channel will shrink.

At the end of the day, just make ur videos and enjoy it. If you have fun, you won't notice the lack of success as much. Too many channels die off when the creators got no success and they don't enjoy what they were doing.

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
you definitely need dedication, but as everyone is saying...that's only part of the equation. if you're working on connecting with people, bettering your skills (to bring better content), setting goals and pushing to stretch yourself then you will grow. I think that "making better content" never ends...so i'd go with Roman Atwood's advice on success which is "just keep uploading".

Reactions: ShamusGuitars

LiquidGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The simple answer is No, at the end of the day It's all about quality over quantity. For example, I don't have an upload schedule I just upload when I feel like it and my videos still get 100k+ views. (Saying that my videos are crap so maybe I'm wrong)

ShamusGuitars

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think just enjoying making a channel about what you like, e.g Pewdiepie's early videos compared to today: big difference in quality, technique and content, but the passion was there from the start. He was dedicated and now look where he is. He also realized that posting consistently is an important factor.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Can you grow a successful channel purely by being determined, dedicated and hard working?

No matter the rate of growth, however niche your audience is, etc. - Is consistency the key?

Many would argue that other factors have a much bigger input on teh potential success of a YouTube channel. For many, luck is one of the primary factors involved. Being noticed by a bigger YouTuber, hence gaining a boost in subscribers and exposure is an effective way of growing a brand/channel quickly.

There are various other factors that people believe are the most effective, but are they required, or is consistency the only thing you need?
urente. It doesn't gu
Can you grow a successful channel purely by being determined, dedicated and hard working?

No matter the rate of growth, however niche your audience is, etc. - Is consistency the key?

Many would argue that other factors have a much bigger input on teh potential success of a YouTube channel. For many, luck is one of the primary factors involved. Being noticed by a bigger YouTuber, hence gaining a boost in subscribers and exposure is an effective way of growing a brand/channel quickly.

There are various other factors that people believe are the most effective, but are they required, or is consistency the only thing you need?
it doesn't guarantee

Dedication does not guarantee you success, but it definitely does help

Reactions: ShamusGuitars

Weirdprodigy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer
I feel like success on YouTube is like the creation of the powderpuff girls

You need consistency, good content and good promotion skills

And the luck would be the chemical X that accidentally happens and makes something wonderful

But luck isn't needed to be successful the things I mentioned earlier help but I personally don't think of being success ( even tho it's something I want ) I just work hard posting content that I love and that I'd enjoy watching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel like success on YouTube is like the creation of the powderpuff girls

You need consistency, good content and good promotion skills

And the luck would be the chemical X that accidentally happens and makes something wonderful

But luck isn't needed to be successful the things I mentioned earlier help but I personally don't think of being success ( even tho it's something I want ) I just work hard posting content that I love and that I'd enjoy watching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude I clicked on your channel url and i think it said "This channel does not exist"

Last edited: