Does DEDICATION Guarantee YouTube Success?

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
I think you have to have a balance of dedication, consistency, and content. Unfortunately there is so mapped out formula for that yet ;)

RainbowRaptorPie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think quality is also a major factor in success. You can upload as much as you want, but if your videos aren't good in the audio or visual aspect, I think you're kind of out of luck. It's only my view on it. And yeah, lots of luck is also needed. Maybe that's why I'm still unknown ahaha.

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Can you grow a successful channel purely by being determined, dedicated and hard working?

No matter the rate of growth, however niche your audience is, etc. - Is consistency the key?

Many would argue that other factors have a much bigger input on teh potential success of a YouTube channel. For many, luck is one of the primary factors involved. Being noticed by a bigger YouTuber, hence gaining a boost in subscribers and exposure is an effective way of growing a brand/channel quickly.

There are various other factors that people believe are the most effective, but are they required, or is consistency the only thing you need?
a key to success is hard work and patience, if you give up your channel will never grow! if you dont work hard enough people wont like your content or even know how to find it!

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Not at all. You still need a bit of luck and you need good quality content... anyone can keep uploading but can you keep uploading good content?

Bumpy200

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I HAVE BEEN UPLOADING CONSISITANTLY FOR WEEKS but I am not seing any growth Is there something wrong with my channel.???

SnowAspire

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I feel like consistency and quality are the only aspects you can control. It seems that the rest is more luck than anything. So to me you will make as a YouTuber with time and great quality work.

There's obviously other factors like tags and shoutouts and collabs...but all you can really do to grow your channel on your own is upload quality content.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel like consistency wont help much, it just helps to keep your channel active. I see people saying that is the key to youtube but really i don't think that is the key. For me there is no key to anything, if there was don't you think everyone would have done it? I always say it's like and that if you're meant to be successful then you will be if not then it is not for you but if you love it keep doing it. So yeah!
Great way to put it. I respectfully disagree, I think that people can develop themselves into becoming successful. I don't think it's a matter of fate. It depends on the person's personality. If you have the qualities that open you up to the possibility of having a youtube channel and making it your career. You'll find a way. The key isn't a specific thing like SEO or whatever, rather it's the strength of the individual's will who is running the youtube channel.

Last semester, I uploaded weekly even though I was in college. Stayed up good number of nights and focused on it rather than school. Was I able to make enough money to make a living with Youtube? Not yet. BUT when it does, I'll give you a more biased and accurate answer based on my experience. Thanks for your answer. Sorry, I probably won't be doing that now. [DOUBLEPOST=1485283126,1485282847][/DOUBLEPOST]@Bumpy200 I think I can help you. If you are interested lets talk. Whatever you're comfortable with. I've got a discord, facebook, messenger... your choice

Last edited:

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Geez, nothing guarantees success. You have to understand the environment of YouTube. Understand what clicks, what holes you can fill, and what type of content you can create that will cater the the widest audience. Even knowing all of this, applying the action still requires a lot of learning and adjustment. Anyone that gets caught up measuring dedication, quantity, and quality is too busy focusing on things that will not advance their chances in becoming successful. Get your ideas onto pen and paper, research, plan your video, and then start recording. The more I come on here the more frustrating I get seeing people make the same mistake of placing attention in areas that will do nothing for them.