Does DEDICATION Guarantee YouTube Success?

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Can you grow a successful channel purely by being determined, dedicated and hard working?

No matter the rate of growth, however niche your audience is, etc. - Is consistency the key?

Many would argue that other factors have a much bigger input on teh potential success of a YouTube channel. For many, luck is one of the primary factors involved. Being noticed by a bigger YouTuber, hence gaining a boost in subscribers and exposure is an effective way of growing a brand/channel quickly.

There are various other factors that people believe are the most effective, but are they required, or is consistency the only thing you need?

Reactions: J0eyy

Envision Adventure

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I believe if you work hard it greatly improves your chances of succeeding. Being consistent and always improving I'd stay is extremely important. Of course theirs more to than that though. I'm definitely not an expert, I still have a really small channel.

Triple Res

YouTube Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think a channel can become successful off of hard work and dedication as long as they have good content. But i do believe most people that make it big is off of luck. Either from being discovered by a large youtuber or making a viral video. Finding a niche is really important and can help a channel grow pretty fast. Unfortunately a channel like mine we cant really get a niche lol.

Reactions: HaiKaiKan

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I wouldn't necessarily say that dedication and consistency will guarantee success, however I would say that assuming other factors line themselves up (good SEO, high quality videos, strong community upkeep) then dedication and consistency will certainly help you reach toward success.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I believe that hard work and passion are all you need (and not really the passion part, it just makes you that much better!) Of course there are other factors, but if you work hard you will be noticed one day.

ImperialArm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Dedication is only part of the formula, if anyone has figured out the rest please let me know. While you make valid points I think it varies from channel to channel on how they succeed

Reactions: Cvolton

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Give the people what THEY want. Not what YOU want. Couple that with hard work and you will most likely succeed.

HalieCakes

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Dedication, proper tools and connecting with people ( probably the most important thing) If you're not making connections with people then you're not going to go anywhere...All about knowing the right people, folks. This goes for general life, as well.

Reactions: Lizzeelive

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Dedication, proper tools and connecting with people ( probably the most important thing) If you're not making connections with people then you're not going to go anywhere...All about knowing the right people, folks. This goes for general life, as well.
What kind of people? I didn't connect with anyone I'd consider "the right people". I had my idea. I stuck to it. It paid off.

Reactions: ImperialArm

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Give the people what THEY want. Not what YOU want.
This is the first thing I learned in YouTube, and also something I mentioned in a video.

You can't always get away with producing what you want, sometimes you gotta' provide for the people.