Does Daily Uploading Grow your Channel?

JACisRAW

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've been daily uploading for a while now and I've had no growth on my channel. I just wanted to know if I'm doing something wrong or maybe my video quality is bad? just any feedback on my channel would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

TalkFandomToMe

The Cake Is a Lie!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Sometimes people won't have time to view all your videos. Your videos are pretty short, though, so I don't see why that'd be a problem. I'd say you try uploading every other day instead, that way you get more time to plan and edit, etc. Not to mention your viewers will be able to catch up with your videos. ;)

Super Pawsitive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
To answer your question I'm not sure how it could HURT. Uploading is a good way of getting people to come check out your stuff. So, if you upload more, there's more of a chance people can see it. Especially if you know how to promote yourself. That being said, I don't think a good portion of your videos are really searchable. Your most popular video is that popular because it is searchable. Doing things like tutorial/informative videos will bring more viewers to your channel over time. Otherwise, you're just doing COD commentaries, and those channels can be a dime a dozen.

Unless you believe in Subscriber burn. A daily schedule should be fine. Your content is also pretty good. If I was still into cod I would have subscribed. Personality wise I think you're perfect :p

Reactions: Michael Linson

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
First don't focus too much on subscribers, focus on views. Subscribers naturally come the more views you get as long as you have the right call to action and all the basics down.

The successful Youtube channels out there have videos that can be searched easily and appear in the suggested videos. Ranking high in the searches means that your videos can keep gaining views potentially forever. Now to appear high in the searches, you'll have to get a lot of views, more specifically you need a lot of watch time during the first 48 hours of your upload. So unless you're one hell of a promoter, or you got a big following already, that you can get hundreds of views on your first 24 hours, then you're not taking advantage of the second day to promote your video.

So get good at promoting! My first 5 videos 2 months ago I could barley hit 40 views the first 48 hours. Then each day I did research and got a little better. Just today my recently uploaded video hit 830 views for the first time and there's still 7 hours to go.

There's an old saying, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"
Promoting videos is like giving it fish. But getting your videos to rank high in the searches, that's likes teaching it to feed itself for life.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Daily uploading may get you more views, but make sure that you can keep up with the face. I have seen a lot of YouTube channels just burn themselves out and get the inevitable, "Sorry guys, life got in the way/it got to be too much/I can't keep up this pace" message before a creator takes another break.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My personal experience with having daily uploads is this: I did 3 videos in a row one week, and the other week just a single one... Got just as much views in the second week as I did in the first. So I wasted my time with doing those 3 videos in a row. Well, wasted... I did it because I wanted to do it. And I will continue to do it in the future when the opportunity arises.

Right now I upload once a week, if that... Sometimes it takes me more than a week to get the next video out. I have found that with my diminished upload frequency I actually gain more views and subscribers than I did in the past uploading more than once per week. Quality > Quantity.

I am also a fair believer in that people will unsubscribe you if the continue to get bombarded by the same mediocre content every day rather than 1 good video in a week.

Berks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Try upload every second day for a week and every day for a week and compare the 2 weeks and from there you can see what grows your channel more!

ExtraHannes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello!

Youtube has this algorithm that the more you upload the more views you get. Yes, it is sad seeing youtube go the quantity over quality way but that's how they are making people to upload more and keep youtube alive. The sad truth is the more frequently you upload the more views you will get. But on the negative side that might not leave a good look on your channel and the outcome might be poor video quality. So there are two roads you can choose to take unfortunately.. it's up to you.. :/

Much love, Hannes

Winger94

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well I don't think daily uploads are so deadly. Also I tend to disagree to the theory " I'll unsubscribe because this guys is posting so much" because your subs are there for you and they shouldn't be p****d off from your content (maybe if it's too rough or mediocre yes, but if you can keep the pace and creating good videos why not?). Also daily uploads constantly depends on the content of your channel because some channel can make good use from daily uploads, while others not.

The thing you need to consider is that if you decide to change your schedule you need to be sure about what you are doing and not having second thoughts!

Plague Ephlik

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Uploading daily while small and not having youtube behind you doing you favors placing you in plain sight for new viewers to even find you isn't worth the hassle imo. You can definitely do more than 1 a week but what happens is anyone subscribed to you is probably subscribed to alot of other people also and if they're anything like me they don't necessarily day by day watch every video in their sub box till its empty. They may not even get to your video on the first day and will just fall behind and possibly even just stop and ''go on a break'' until a must see title pops up. people generally don't like to look back either I find, unless its a series they need to watch in order.

Theres more bad in uploading daily than there is good imo.
could be risking quality, repetitiveness in content, using up all ideas early,people falling behind then missing it completely etc.
I would also recommend checking your analytics to see how many of your views are actually coming from the outside as opposed to your subs before making the next decision in your game plan.