Does commenting on other channels increase viewership

BossHogg FGF

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I mean, this morning I commented on a video, it got favorited, it got liked a ton of times, but It hasn't affected my subscriber numbers or watches a bit. Sure, it's only been a couple of hours but I've found that these things don't tend to get me anything, nor do I have any ulterior motives in mind when I comment.
I second this. I have commented twice on two popular videos and each comment is liked hundreds of times, but has had little to no affect on my subscriber count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yes and no. The only true answer is that it CAN. Last year, I commented on a PewDiePie video. He hearted the comment (which is something he rarely ever does, and I legit went into fanboy mode when I got that notification on my phone. LOL), and it goes a ton of likes, naturally. Believe it or not.. I didn't gain any subs from that. Nor any spike in views. People just read the comment and went on with their day. However, commenting on videos, regardless of the outcome, does put your channel out there. The more people see it, the more people will recognize you. So that's one way to look at it. As long as you're actually commenting about the video and not spamming/self-promoting.
It's just plain simple just socialize on other channels and join the conversation that's it people will find out that you have a channel by telling if your icon and name stands out in the comments I've had Subscribers from a comment it's works alot better that Sub4Sub and spamming

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Brittneytaylorwg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I were you I would switch just to put yourself out there and maybe people will start to recognize you from your comments!

Reactions: Liney Dampz ENT

MedTerms

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think commenting could really help if it was possible to do a comments search and find people who recently expressed interest in specific topics. Otherwise for a niche channel, commenting randomly can just be an exercise in futility.

Annie's Vegan Journey

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I believe so, one of my most loyal viewers recently told me he found my channel because I commented on one of his favourite vegan youtuber's channel, which I thought was cool :)

EddieFromOhio

New YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I tend to get a few views per comment I leave as long as the views are from my niche

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I believe so, one of my most loyal viewers recently told me he found my channel because I commented on one of his favourite vegan youtuber's channel, which I thought was cool :)
It all depends what the conversation is about really it's just commen sense really socializing is another key

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You have to remember that Youtube like to think of themselves as a "social network". If you put a positive comment on another video then it helps their channel but it also puts your name into the public eye. It may not give you instant views or subs but over the long term it will help your channel.

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I think that the comments on other channels is where your channel name and profile pic really shine. If you have a simple 'Joe' and a photo, the odds are probably that the people won't click your channel; however, if you have 'Joe's Channel' or 'Joe's Zany Antics' or whatever, with a more engaging profile picture, people just might click. :)