Does channel name plays big role on views?

Rahi Official

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
Recently I changed my channel name and since then my views are going up.. Is the name of a channel, that much important??? What do you guys think?

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say so, yes. BECAUSE, a good catchy name sticks with people and encourages people to click on the video, as well as share the video and subscribe if the like the content. I refuse to subscribe to a channel named something like "danandphilfan1962"

Reactions: Rahi Official

Rahi Official

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
I would say so, yes. BECAUSE, a good catchy name sticks with people and encourages people to click on the video, as well as share the video and subscribe if the like the content. I refuse to subscribe to a channel named something like "danandphilfan1962"
hahahaha does that channel exists???? I really want to see lol. JK. Make sense.

Rahi Official

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
Haha Nah I hope not! If it does, I am not subscribing to it!
haha well I searched already. Didn't found the same name but something similar lol. Surprisingly they got over 10m views lol.

Mishamy

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think it does indeed matter, I've literally subscribed to users who had a funny/parody/reference name. In fact I'm thinking about changing my name as well but my nickname has a story behind it so I'm not sure.

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think it can be important, I am doing a dissertation on youtube and this is one of the things I mentioned, coming from someone whose username used to be babibex23 I am much happier with my channel name now, I don't think I was expecting to turn youtube into a hobby at the time but i'm so glad I changed my name hahaha

DanDaAussie

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you made your name shorter that can lead to more views because it's catchy and people will remember your channel. Therefore, people will share it around and therefore gain a lil bit more.