Does capitalizing titles really increase search ranking

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is a question that boggles my mind I've seen the biggest YouTube channels capitalizedcapitalize theiror titles recently I heard once that it increases your search ranking is this true does anyone know

Obsurdity

Reaction score
no but it will increase click through rate to a video which IS a ranking signal

Reactions: Crown

Realm Unknown

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Hashtags work too, they are often never used, but they can really help, especially when shared out. Because they are in the title, platforms like twitter or facebook will auto convert them into Hashtags there and it could help boost the result ranking across those sites too.

Reactions: MASE and aliceromy

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hashtags work too, they are often never used, but they can really help, especially when shared out. Because they are in the title, platforms like twitter or facebook will auto convert them into Hashtags there and it could help boost the result ranking across those sites too.
Thank you for the great advice I've been seeing a few people use hashtags and their descriptions I could never figure out why but now I do know why thanks to you thank you you're amazing

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
As mentioned above, it will increase click through rate if used sparingly. By "sparingly", I mean it's often better to just capitalise the important words, not every word. All caps in a title is shouting and looks pretty terrible IMHO

Reactions: kevinboston7

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As mentioned above, it will increase click through rate if used sparingly. By "sparingly", I mean it's often better to just capitalise the important words, not every word. All caps in a title is shouting and looks pretty terrible IMHO
I see