Does anyone use VSDC free video editor?

abacoIan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I create a new video it asks what width and fps settings I want to use. Should I just set them at the highest quality?

Thank you

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You'll want to use the same resolution and fps (frames per second) that you originally filmed the footage with. Otherwise, you might run into having weird dropped frames or timing issues. You don't want to blow a video resolution up higher than you originally filmed it as because it might make the video appear blurry and pixelated. You can usually down-size the resolution okay (e.g. 4k to 1080p), but not the other way around.

Reactions: Crown and abacoIan

abacoIan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you! I'll just have to figure out what settings my phone films in:)[DOUBLEPOST=1545934207,1545915330][/DOUBLEPOST]On my phone settings I found the width but I don't see any info about fps. The software offers 30 fps and above for creating videos, what should I choose?

Thank you

Reactions: KatyAdelson

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah, I'd pick 30 fps, too. You'd probably know if you were filming in a higher frame rate like 60 fps. I doubt 60 fps would be a default frame rate on a cellphone, but you never know... :eek: You might be able to google your type of phone and see what frame rate it records at your current resolution. ^_^

abacoIan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think my old pc isn't sufficent for video editing so I may try the power director app on my chromebook or look into a new pc.