Does Anyone Make Faceless Youtube Videos? Need Advice

Kwantabile

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I created a character that is similar to me (not entirely, but let's say that she represents me) and I make animation.

If I ever reach 1 million subs, I'll do a face reveal (... ah ah).

Emerrias

Reaction score
I have still images of my character in replacement of actually being on camera.
It's a whole lot less work + I get to keep anonymity to some degree
I agree with this, having your Avatar on the screen really adds a lot to the video!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

RCS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Psychologically, people will find more appeal in looking at an actual face and will be more likely to sympathize with you, but as others have said, it depends largely on the nature of your content and what you're seeking to present. I'm much heavier on logic than emotion, so when the video is just to present information, like a how-to, a news-like segment, etc., I'd rather minimize the personality of the creator and just listen to their voice over an edited video. If you're looking to entertain, showing your face is probably the better way to go.

Reactions: Demo01

Civilly Barbaric

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was wondering how many of you make videos without your face. Do you just block out your face or have any other cool tricks so every video isnt just a slide show of still photos? I see a bunch of people with animation videos but no idea how to do that.
lolo what a funny question. I don't know what kind of channel you have so can't really say much. But as I've seen from other you-tube channels that are behind the screen that there is always some substance to back it up. Like tv show reviews, top 10 lists, honest trailers, recomendations, they all have one thing in common they voice over with show clips from somewhere else or pics from somewhere else and sometimes both. Hope that helps a little :D[DOUBLEPOST=1522683483,1522683226][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was wondering how many of you make videos without your face. Do you just block out your face or have any other cool tricks so every video isnt just a slide show of still photos? I see a bunch of people with animation videos but no idea how to do that.
But also one more thing to do all that you need to practice voice overs a lot with multiple takes and good editing. If you have good voice overs than more people would watch more of your videos, bad voice overs would just ruin the video and no one will watch it all the way through or anything else you post. Good Luck

Curiosity Ridge

I make Videos
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
I just mostly use a variety of video clips or transitions. My VOICE is my defining feature in my Videos, not my face.

Reactions: MedTerms and Cephus

Primink

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
deleted

Last edited:
Reactions: Demo01

RooThaDude

Reaction score
Yes, I make faceless videos on a type of channel that you'd expect to have a face in. I'm gaining subscribers at an OK rate but I think videos with your face just truly will always be better.. unless you're under 16 lol.

Quirkypoo

Reaction score
I used to make faceless videos a while back. Not that I’m a proffesional at this or anything but if your content is interesting and your personality shines through no on is going to realise your face isn’t on their screen.

I only added face cam because I don’t mind my face being on the videos and also I enjoy acting up in front of the camera hehe.

In the end, if you don’t feel comfortable in front of the camera then your viewers are going to sense it and probably start feeling pretty uncomfortable themselves!

Its really up to your preference in the end. Hope this helps!! :)

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
My videos are screencasts (single exception being an ancient video of someone filming me performing on stage), so they're faceless by nature.
I don't even own a video camera (exceptions being a pre-historic 640x480 webcam and an even older point-and-shoot Canon G2 that can record video up to 30 seconds in length). Planned to change this for recording a mug shot or two. :)

MedTerms

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just mostly use a variety of video clips or transitions. My VOICE is my defining feature in my Videos, not my face.
I do faceless, voiceless videos. Mine is an education channel and I think it's all about giving viewers solid, valuable information. Some videos with face and voice just ramble so much before getting to the point, it seems like busy people looking for specific information would prefer something short and relevant. Viewers looking for entertainment, on the other hand, probably prefer to relate to a person/character. It all depends on your audience.

Reactions: User_78298