Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get a Cheap Camera?

TheGIngerQueen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you've ever seen any of my videos, then you've probably heard my laptop. You can hear a whirling sound whenever I record because I don't just use it to edit my videos; I use it to record my videos. I want to put a stop to this ASAP, but I'm kind of broke.
Is there anywhere where I can get a camera cheap?

P.S. Before you say "Get a job" and call me lazy, you should know that I'm still in high school and in honors (next year AP) classes with marching band in the summer and fall. I will be working at a summer camp, but my parents are going to be in charge of any money that I make.

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ebay or craigslist are probably your best bet

Lrulesok

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Amazon is the best place to buy one. I did a review of a £70 4k action camera I bought of there.

George Chen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
do you have an iphone or a mobile phone that could record? the iphone now days have 1080p settings! if you have the iphone 6s plus you can even record in 4k 30fps! that's freakin amazin...if i were you, i'd probably invest some money into a mic. depending on what you're doing like interview style - lav mics; for vlogging - video mic pros.

just some things to consider.

Reactions: ReadingZoneTV

TheGIngerQueen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
do you have an iphone or a mobile phone that could record? the iphone now days have 1080p settings! if you have the iphone 6s plus you can even record in 4k 30fps! that's freakin amazin...if i were you, i'd probably invest some money into a mic. depending on what you're doing like interview style - lav mics; for vlogging - video mic pros.

just some things to consider.
I have a smartphone, but the last few pictures I've tried taking with it are blurry, so I'm not sure if recording video would be best.

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I kinda agree with george, while recording with a smartphone isn't ideal if you dont have the money to put into a decent camera then you are likely to have is a camera thats worse than your phone lol although whats your budget?

Kelkschiz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
If you want something really cheap I would go for a second-hand point-and-shoot that is a couple of years old, can do 1080p, and is from a good brand like Panasonic. Something like a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 (2011) would be pretty ideal. Those can be had second-hand for a little over $100 and it produces good 1920x1080 60i video.
Personally I started making videos with my five year old Olympus SV-340 which does 720p. I was really surprised that such a cheap camera could do pretty good video.