Does anyone just shoot with ,minimal edits and post?

abacoIan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I was thinking that since I don't have the equipment I need, I could shoot more scripted shorter videos and just post. Does anyone do this?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I regularly upload short unscripted videos with barely any editing to my Automotive channel with no issue.

Reactions: Two11 and abacoIan

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
it's difficult to quite determine what works and what doesn't on YT, as hard rules. I watch some channels with virtually no editing, just some dude filming himself with a very medium quality video/audio, but still gets good views, while others edit a lot but still don't seem to get the views.

Reactions: abacoIan

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I concur with midfullquirer. you see some people with a shotty setup and get tons of views (no hate just saying) and others putting in work and getting nada. nice equipment is great but remember that quality content trumps all.

abacoIan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
it's difficult to quite determine what works and what doesn't on YT, as hard rules. I watch some channels with virtually no editing, just some dude filming himself with a very medium quality video/audio, but still gets good views, while others edit a lot but still don't seem to get the views.
Yes I wonder about this too. Some channels I've seen have millions of viewers and I wonder how they got there because everything wasn't perfect. But I think it must be because they didn't wait for perfection, they just did what they loved regardless if there were a lot or a few views and all the effort and not stopping is what built the viewers over time.

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Yes I wonder about this too. Some channels I've seen have millions of viewers and I wonder how they got there because everything wasn't perfect. But I think it must be because they didn't wait for perfection, they just did what they loved regardless if there were a lot or a few views and all the effort and not stopping is what built the viewers over time.
Then there's always the good old being at the right place at the right time. Never fails. All the time you were sitting there watching that Youtuber's videos and agreeing with all his opinions and just posting comments below, he was the guy making the vid. Then when you think it's a good time to start, you struggle with views and exposure, because you're a step or two too late. You have to bring something extra to the table, whether that's editing or otherwise, and even then, nothing is certain.

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
As somebody that is starting off too, I would say start with the simplest video you can make first then challenge yourself with every video to move a step forward, whether is improving the lighting, trying a different camera angle or targetting that extra 1 minute. Make small changes at a time. Just do it and don't worry about other channels. My biggest challenge was to upload, instead I would spend days just thinking about it. Give it a shot, it only gets better after every upload.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk