Does anyone have experience getting a gaming YouTube channel off the ground?

G-Legend

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys! Was wondering if anyone has any experience growing a gaming channel. I created my channel almost exactly a year ago. I didn't start consistently uploading until July/August 2016. I only have 40 subs and maybe it's just me but it seems like the channel is growing extra slowly. :crying: I try my best to create quality content and I apply SEO to my videos with keywords and a couple other things. I upload consistently (every other day at 5pm without fail) and I plan to upload daily videos to try and combat the slow growth. My videos are also targeted for one target audience so that these people would be more likely to subscribe. I don't quite know what else I can do to get my channel off the ground and I'm not sure why it's taking longer than most other youtubers my size. If anyone has any tips or something to say, it'd be greatly appreciated. :tongue:

Everything Supreme

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd be happy to share some advice, I got my 100 subscribers from playing games and when I found some useful techniques my channel started growing fast. If there is an easier way to contact you let me know because I have allot of advice I can share.

Reactions: G-Legend

G-Legend

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How much work do you put into your videos and do you have passion?
Yeah definitely have a passion for it. I don't think I'll ever stop uploading videos to be honest. I love gaming and I love helping others so this is the best way I found to put both of those together. As for the work, there's days I work for 12 hours or so putting together 2 or 3 videos in advance. I typically take 5 hours or so to make one video from the 'brainstorming on a whiteboard' stage to the final upload on YouTube.[DOUBLEPOST=1480280670,1480280548][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd be happy to share some advice, I got my 100 subscribers from playing games and when I found some useful techniques my channel started growing fast. If there is an easier way to contact you let me know because I have allot of advice I can share.
Wow I'd really really appreciate that! You can email me or just start a conversation with me on here. Thanks man

Reactions: Tuurngait Gaming

Tuurngait Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I put 6-8 hours into 1 video for League of Legends. Hopefully I can shorten that once I become more adept at editing though.

G-Legend

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I put 6-8 hours into 1 video for League of Legends. Hopefully I can shorten that once I become more adept at editing though.
League of legends is BEAST lol I like your channel. I'll be watching. But yeah a passion for what you do is definitely a must. I don't know of any YouTubers who made it just because of the money or fame.

Tuurngait Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
League of legends is BEAST lol I like your channel. I'll be watching. But yeah a passion for what you do is definitely a must. I don't know of any YouTubers who made it just because of the money or fame.
<3 thanks man I really do try. And definitely! If someone can sense that you got no passion or don't enjoy what you do, they'll probably not watch your video.

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm certainly not one to talk about growing your channel given the size of mine, but I'll give another shoutout to passion here! The most important ingredient for growing your channel, especially in a crowded field such as gaming, and you can't expect to keep at it if you don't love what you do!

I'm just curious, do you promote your channel elsewhere, like the Battlefield forums, Reddit etc.? 'Cause it's really hard for a channel to grow while relying solely on Youtube, especially in the beginning while it has very little traction. You kinda have to take it upon yourself to deliver your stuff to the people who might be interested before YouTube starts doing it for you as small channels don't usually pop up on the top of the search results or in suggested videos. So if you're not doing that, you might want to look into it. And at any rate, just keep at it! It might take you a while to get going, but don't let it discourage you, it will all be worth it in the end :thumbsup2:

oPunkin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It took me awhile before I actually got the hang of editing. In my original channel, I started off not editing anything and it was awful, but I learned as I went and made it up to 116 subs. Now I'm starting over, but trust me, you just have to put a lot of time and effort in.

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have had a gaming channel for just over a year and have 1025 subs. Giving general tips would take ages, but If you want to ask for a specific tip around an area you think you need to improve on I could try to help you out mate :)

Last edited: