Relaxing is...

• Total voters

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Reporter, Vlogger, Comedian, Commentator
Hey guys!

So I started my YT Channel about a month ago, and ever since I have forgotten how to simply "relax". I am always thinking of what I can incorporate on my channel that I can't sit still. When I try to relax, I ended up feeling like I'm being lazy and that I should be recording, editing, etc.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this lol

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I feel the same way, although I am a bit different, if I am not distracting myself, I start to panic and have an existential crisis, so its best for me to always be doing something, or at least listening to music. I do sometimes feel lazy about watching shows or playing video games while not recording, cause I wanna make the best content I can, and the more time spent producing the content means the better it will be, right? I've been trying to convince myself for a long time the relaxing isn't bad, and that I should be able to sit down and watch my favorite shows without feeling guilty, but it's an uphill battle. I hope this helped you!

Reactions: allthingstodd

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
I feel the same way, although I am a bit different, if I am not distracting myself, I start to panic and have an existential crisis, so its best for me to always be doing something, or at least listening to music. I do sometimes feel lazy about watching shows or playing video games while not recording, cause I wanna make the best content I can, and the more time spent producing the content means the better it will be, right? I've been trying to convince myself for a long time the relaxing isn't bad, and that I should be able to sit down and watch my favorite shows without feeling guilty, but it's an uphill battle. I hope this helped you!
Dude yes, ok that makes me feel ALOT better! I just want to find a healthy balance because I'll drive myself mental otherwise. I end up talking myself into editing every time and stay up until the way hours of the morning nodding off. Then I'll wake up early AM and go back to editing. Sheesh.

This youtuber life is no joke lol

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Its like that with editing I have plenty of footage but never want to edited cause I'll go hard with the editing at times lol

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Its like that with editing I have plenty of footage but never want to edited cause I'll go hard with the editing at times lol
Haha yes. Btw, which editing softwares do you use? I use Final Cut Pro but sometimes its really annoying to use.

Reactions: Fost

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Shotcut its the video version of Audacity lol

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk
I just Googled it and it looks pretty legit. I might check it out. Idk why but I edit and export in 4K but Youtube only uploads in 1080 ugh

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
I just Googled it and it looks pretty legit. I might check it out. Idk why but I edit and export in 4K but Youtube only uploads in 1080 ugh
If you get up look up the vids for it because there's certain settings you gonna want

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I'm like this generally - I often feel guilty if I'm not being productive (even when I'm watching TV I'm thinking about what else I could be doing)

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
If you get up look up the vids for it because there's certain settings you gonna want

Will do, thanks!

Reactions: Fost