Does anyone else have this problem?

Relaxing is...

• Total voters

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Reporter, Vlogger, Comedian, Commentator
I'm like this generally - I often feel guilty if I'm not being productive (even when I'm watching TV I'm thinking about what else I could be doing)
Yea, the story of my life. I'm an actor, so I spend my week going to acting classes, dance classes, vocal lessons, gyming every day, recording and editing all week- and that's aside from auditions, etc.

You would think with me doing ALL that, I would feel comfortable relaxing but I still don't. Sheesh. my Virgo dilema

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Yeah. About a month into my channel too and the first weeks were that way. Then I naturally moved onto other things, thinking I can't put all my hopes (or eggs) in just one basket. Never a good strategy. Remember you have a life besides the channel, and there's no timer: your video can be stale for a month then finally pick up a few thousand views when you shared it in the right place.

Reactions: allthingstodd

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have this exact problem and it's only getting worse as the days go on. I'm unemployed at the moment, so I get to pretend like I'm just doing this full time, which is nice, but it's also to the point where I obsess a little too much. If I'm not streaming, editing, or filming something, I feel way too guilty.

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
I'm like this generally - I often feel guilty if I'm not being productive (even when I'm watching TV I'm thinking about what else I could be doing)
Haha yes! Like honestly I feel like I've wasted so much time I could have been productive in the past on TV and stuff for excessive amounts of time. lol[DOUBLEPOST=1547946563,1547946456][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have this exact problem and it's only getting worse as the days go on. I'm unemployed at the moment, so I get to pretend like I'm just doing this full time, which is nice, but it's also to the point where I obsess a little too much. If I'm not streaming, editing, or filming something, I feel way too guilty.
Don't be hard on yourself! Being unemployed is honestly a job within itself, because you have to find the balance in order to keep your sanity, ya know? But yes keep working hard on your content and it'll pay off, AND treat yourself to some "you" time. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1547947250][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah. About a month into my channel too and the first weeks were that way. Then I naturally moved onto other things, thinking I can't put all my hopes (or eggs) in just one basket. Never a good strategy. Remember you have a life besides the channel, and there's no timer: your video can be stale for a month then finally pick up a few thousand views when you shared it in the right place.
Dude yes! Thank you for that! I really needed to hear that from someone. I think giving 100% is good in some instances, but my Channel JUST started and I almost feel a little burnt our already. Now that I've been letting things happen more naturally- I'm enjoying it again like when i first started.

Thanks buddy!

Reactions: MindfulInquirer

Frontier Forge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't usually feel that way until the weather gets bad. I start getting that "oh crap! I need to make a video. What am I supposed to do" feeling when the weather is bad. Otherwise I can usually record a few videos during the week and then schedule them out.

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I don't mean to harp on forever about this but I really think it's a law of the universe (lol) that the least you care, the better. Not about other people but about things, like a YT channel. We're all prone to checking out the channel stats every 2 hours when we've just started out, and be endlessly disappointed but just do what you gotta do (to promote) and then worry about other things, check every now and then.

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
I don't usually feel that way until the weather gets bad. I start getting that "oh crap! I need to make a video. What am I supposed to do" feeling when the weather is bad. Otherwise I can usually record a few videos during the week and then schedule them out.
Yea I’m still trying to find that balance. I need to figure out which days I’m going to record and which days I’m going to post.[DOUBLEPOST=1548044505,1548044416][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't mean to harp on forever about this but I really think it's a law of the universe (lol) that the least you care, the better. Not about other people but about things, like a YT channel. We're all prone to checking out the channel stats every 2 hours when we've just started out, and be endlessly disappointed but just do what you gotta do (to promote) and then worry about other things, check every now and then.
Yea that’s super true. Getting that viral video or those views we think are going to appear out of thin air is a lot of the reason you tubers don’t last. I don’t wanna be that way. I just wanna have fun

Reactions: Frontier Forge

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
It's almost, if we can be philosophical about it here, like it's life teaching you a lesson, some rigid rule of life: don't start a project with the intention of making money with it, or it'll crush you. You'll spend 99% effort for 1% return. Instead, anything that springs naturally out of you, you give it a bit of time and show it to the right crowd, if it's done with some passion, well made...then: life rewards you back, so to speak.

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
It's almost, if we can be philosophical about it here, like it's life teaching you a lesson, some rigid rule of life: don't start a project with the intention of making money with it, or it'll crush you. You'll spend 99% effort for 1% return. Instead, anything that springs naturally out of you, you give it a bit of time and show it to the right crowd, if it's done with some passion, well made...then: life rewards you back, so to speak.
Well spoken. That's for the advice. I'm gonna keep in touch with you for sure. You're a sage.