Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Does age restricting a video help you from getting a strike?

Discussion in 'Copyright, Claims, Strikes & Legal Discussion' started by Smartie, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Smartie
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $175
    I'm pretty much going through a guideline strike. Under nudity and sexual content, which none was displayed in the video. Made an appeal and it got denied. I know I do some crazy challenges on my channel, but maybe it got a strike for something else?

I was wondering if that video was age-restricted by me, would have it prevented it all? or it wouldn't had matter?
    (video was pretty much drinking a bunch of beers)

2. DigiBox
    Super Poster
    Cash:
    $54
    I highly recommend you contact trustedflagger on twitter, he is a hero and helped us a ton in the past. Youtube often just flag without bothering to look and he can help. His DM's are open and can help you with this issue.

Also yes age restricting from the start may help you stop getting a strike.

Smartie likes this.
  3. Smartie
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $175
    Yes i check one of the guys, I don't know what kind of response I'm gonna get. I'm just really getting worried that a bunch of my other videos will get flag, and ill get shutdown. Just know how to deal with a situation like this for the firs time.

4. DigiBox
    Super Poster
    Cash:
    $54
    Well firstly stay calm if you get worried you'll act out and things might get worse.

Just try and relax and this will all work out trust me. :)

5. bigattck
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $36
    that is a common myth, age restriction does not make you not get a flag. The only reason it was built was to not let kids see videos that were not made for kids. I don't why you got flagged but many of your beer videos may have cause youtube to think beer goes with nudity because college students do it.

6. Crown
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator
    Cash:
    $7,812
    Moved to the copyright / legal forum. :)