Does after reaching 100 subs youtube gain you more traffic?

I always use the term real viewers. LOL....When I first put out a video I don't consider those first few days real viewers. It's mostly other channels looking to just self promote or other channels we are actually friendly with. After that if views start to climb, comments start to slow down I know my video is starting to get viewed by real viewers and is coming up in searches or suggested videos. Sometimes that doesn't even happen until after a few months later after I published the video.

Also, when I look at our sub list I love seeing subs with no subscribers or no videos posted. They truly subbed you because they like your content.

Now I will say, as a small channel under 1,000 subs I am still able to rank a lot of my tags on the first page but I find that even that doesn't necessarily mean your video is going to do great with a ton of views.

Yep, so the patterns I have seen historically is: post up a video, get 10-100 comments from other kids channels and the "standard" traffic from them (there is one "eggtrepreneurial channel that seems to comment within a minute or two after the video is posted, there is no way they could have watched 40%, let alone the whole video). Then in a day to a few days or week, real traffic starts with almost zero comments. Then if there is a lot of traffic, we get 1 comment per thousand views on average, sometimes 1 per 5000 views, but it's not the professional type of comment from other channels, its gibberish or a few words or questions. So the key is always to aim for real traffic after the initial s4s loopers.

I questioned the Yt brand manager about the search traffic. She stated that kids channels get almost all traffic from suggested, with browse a close second. Kids don't search for keywords. Less than 5% traffic from search is common for this vertical.

Yep, so the patterns I have seen historically is: post up a video, get 10-100 comments from other kids channels and the "standard" traffic from them (there is one "eggtrepreneurial channel that seems to comment within a minute or two after the video is posted, there is no way they could have watched 40%, let alone the whole video). Then in a day to a few days or week, real traffic starts with almost zero comments. Then if there is a lot of traffic, we get 1 comment per thousand views on average, sometimes 1 per 5000 views, but it's not the professional type of comment from other channels, its gibberish or a few words or questions. So the key is always to aim for real traffic after the initial s4s loopers.

I questioned the Yt brand manager about the search traffic. She stated that kids channels get almost all traffic from suggested, with browse a close second. Kids don't search for keywords. Less than 5% traffic from search is common for this vertical.
HAHA, I am pretty sure we got the same Egg guy on our channel!

Not necessarily.
And YouTube definetely will not direct traffic to your channel unless you are way up there.

I have about 430 subscribers and hitting 100 didn't really make a difference. I think most people think it makes a difference as by the time they hit 100 they have had time to figure out their identity and work on the quality of the videos which will hopefully bring in more viewers and have a higher retention.

Hello best friends,

Actually I just see on a forum a person posted that "Once you do hit 100 subscribers youtube will detect you have hit 100 subs and gain you more traffic!".Honestly I never heard about his before.So my question is does after reaching 100 subscriber youtube really gain more traffic on your channel?

Thanks a lot :)
NO, getting 100 subs does not gain you much traffic, it what you upload that makes the subscribers get subscribing The quality of your projects, if you pour your heart and soul into your videos then people will subscribe to you

i heard that too but i dont know how true that is . i know that when you start getting subscribers your videos start ranking higher though

100 subs, sorry to say, means nothing these days algorithmically.
You're looking at an absolute minimum of 1000 subs (and corresponding traffic) to start getting test placements in suggested of slightly bigger channels.
For "more" traffic, which I take to mean "real" viewers (and not other creators with their own channels nor s4s loops), a minimum would be around the 2k-5k sub mark.
Between 5k and 10k subs you'll start getting more suggested spots on larger sub channels, and of course be more widely placed by the algorithm across the platform, generating real traffic from real viewers.
The algorithm has fuzzy leveling (my terminology) for channels. It ranks your channel against all others and uses those metrics to determine when and where you get exposure. It's thus critically important to constantly improve and keep the ball rolling to level up in subs and views.
And the sad reality of the algorithm is that, at any point in time, you are only a few videos away from being ranked down with a corresponding large drop in traffic and sub growth.
And... there are thousands and thousands of startup channels behind you all eagerly trying to take your spot in the line.

Reading this post makes me want to run Adwords just to drive us up to the 5K-10K sub range with views in 3M. We have been stuck in a awful rut of about 4.5k subs, 2.5M views for months with a total downward trend of subs and views as well. Maybe Adwords will push us to the next tier to be suggested on spots with larger channels. Discussing with the hubby about investing $ back into Adwords. He's hesitant because I've been learning a lot from you, translating everything, doing more trendy topics, changing up keywords, etc... He thinks I should give myself more time with these changes. But, as you know with women, we are NOT patient creatures sometimes.

I don't think subs do anything. At least not until you get a lot. I think subs are a byproduct of other factors that increase your visibility.

I have not noticed an increase in views other than what is to be expected from being a slightly bigger channel. You have more videos out there, and there are more chances for people to find your content. I don't think it's YouTube giving you more exposure. It's organic due to your growing channel.

Back