Does adwords click rate matter and why?

Pierce's Mom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hi, Could you tell me how long you have been taking YT seriously and when did it start to some what 'pick up'?
I think we've always taken TY seriously. Officially started at the end of June in 2015. On average in the beginning I produced about 1 video a week. I've more recently tried to increase it to 2 videos a week. "Pick up" only happened I would say 3 times so far. Once while running ads (for 3 months) after about 8 months of YTing, then again in July of 2016, and once again in December of 2016. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to nail down the success and reproduce it. :-(.

Reactions: Gamayun

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's a great recommendation. Thanks so much again. So, since it's an ongoing expense, I'm beginning to think my approach should have been spreading the money I spent over the course of the year rather than just 3 months. Currently I make about $100/month only tho :-( How in the world do smaller channels tackle Ad budgeting?

In regards to tent polling a video, I try very hard to make and release videos related to upcoming children's movies. Would you suggest running ads on old videos that are related to the upcoming videos? (Like when they release another angry birds movie, should I advertise my old angry bird videos?)
How in the world do smaller channels tackle Ad budgeting?:

Are you and your partner working or have other sources of income? It's almost a given guarantee that the first 6-9 months of a channel, you'll earn nothing. So you need a way to access funds for operations. Generally you would draw from primary salary, just like starting any business on the side. See where you can cut costs, and re-allocate those funds to your channel. For us, I completely maxed out my Visa card, as in it was blocked by the bank, I could not put anything else on it. I got a second card, and that got maxed out as well. I don't recommend that strategy. It was stressful to say the least. The channel was very expensive to start, all those Thomas trains and Disney Cars are incredibly pricey. See what you can afford, and allocate the funds in the way that will bring the highest return - ads, toys, experiences, equipment, etc.

Would you suggest running ads on old videos that are related to the upcoming videos?

Our good friend @FamilyToyReview, also on this forum, focuses on vids related to the main movie releases so much more than we do. I have tried timing videos for Dory, Angry Birds, and something else. Take Dory for instance, one of our videos did really well, one bombed, one was so-so. I think it depends on the video and thumbnail, which other channels are doing it, demand for keywords, and timing to get a recommended slot. For a new Angry birds movie, it's best to make new videos on trend for what's popular at the time, but with an Angry Birds theme. For example, there's little point doing Angry Birds play-doh surprise eggs (unless you are CKN Toys) it might be better to do Joker Crushes Masha's Angry Birds Eggs under Spiderman's Car![DOUBLEPOST=1493260292,1493259586][/DOUBLEPOST]
I set the bids limits to be on the first page.
What does this mean, I don't understand???

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
How in the world do smaller channels tackle Ad budgeting?:

Are you and your partner working or have other sources of income? It's almost a given guarantee that the first 6-9 months of a channel, you'll earn nothing. So you need a way to access funds for operations. Generally you would draw from primary salary, just like starting any business on the side. See where you can cut costs, and re-allocate those funds to your channel. For us, I completely maxed out my Visa card, as in it was blocked by the bank, I could not put anything else on it. I got a second card, and that got maxed out as well. I don't recommend that strategy. It was stressful to say the least. The channel was very expensive to start, all those Thomas trains and Disney Cars are incredibly pricey. See what you can afford, and allocate the funds in the way that will bring the highest return - ads, toys, experiences, equipment, etc.

Would you suggest running ads on old videos that are related to the upcoming videos?

Our good friend @FamilyToyReview, also on this forum, focuses on vids related to the main movie releases so much more than we do. I have tried timing videos for Dory, Angry Birds, and something else. Take Dory for instance, one of our videos did really well, one bombed, one was so-so. I think it depends on the video and thumbnail, which other channels are doing it, demand for keywords, and timing to get a recommended slot. For a new Angry birds movie, it's best to make new videos on trend for what's popular at the time, but with an Angry Birds theme. For example, there's little point doing Angry Birds play-doh surprise eggs (unless you are CKN Toys) it might be better to do Joker Crushes Masha's Angry Birds Eggs under Spiderman's Car![DOUBLEPOST=1493260292,1493259586][/DOUBLEPOST]

What does this mean, I don't understand???
Bids for keywords is different and depends on what page of the YouTube Search you want to be and you pay more to be on first page of search results.

Pierce's Mom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It is not easy to answer. When Trolls was released I published art activity video related to this animation. So, this video did't have good numbers till a month later. You need to see what people watching most at your channel and make video related to this. I would try promote my video from youtube with video discovery option. It is looks cheaper and more effective solution to me.
Thanks for the advice. What do you mean by video discovery option?

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks for the advice. What do you mean by video discovery option?
descovery option -TrueView in-display page ad
Your in-display ad is a thumbnail image and text that appears near similar YouTube videos. You only pay when someone clicks your ad to watch your video

Reactions: Pierce's Mom

Pierce's Mom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
descovery option -TrueView in-display page ad
Your in-display ad is a thumbnail image and text that appears near similar YouTube videos. You only pay when someone clicks your ad to watch your video
Oh yes, lol, I'm familiar with that. I didn't know it was also called video discovery option. Thanks

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Oh yes, lol, I'm familiar with that. I didn't know it was also called video discovery option. Thanks
Hi there pierce's mom. I think I sent you guys a comment once. You guys have a great channel I wish it was doing better. Everything looks so clean and professional. And your son is very photogenic.

My time is limited so I don't do adwords as much because it can get tedious, time consuming, and very costly. Ever since experiencing a couple bouts of large views without adwords, I'd rather spend my time finding more of those kind of views, and my money on just the toys.

and yes I think click rate matters, even without adwords. I think it is probably some hidden metric Youtube uses in addition to your total minutes watched.

Pierce's Mom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hi there pierce's mom. I think I sent you guys a comment once. You guys have a great channel I wish it was doing better. Everything looks so clean and professional. And your son is very photogenic.

Thank you soooo much for such a sweet compliment. Your thoughts and others that match yours are the only reason why we continue chugging along even though I've thought of quitting so often.

We've checked out your channel, too. And it's as great as many successful channels and you seem to know your YT optimization strategy so well. It's just so crazy how hard it is to get that lucky break.

My time is limited so I don't do adwords as much because it can get tedious, time consuming, and very costly. Ever since experiencing a couple bouts of large views without adwords, I'd rather spend my time finding more of those kind of views, and my money on just the toys.

Yes, my husband and I work full time and maintaining YT is like a part time job for me. Lol! I would easily gather that I spend probably more than 20 hours working on videos, shooting, editing, etc...

and yes I think click rate matters, even without adwords. I think it is probably some hidden metric Youtube uses in addition to your total minutes watched.
The mystery of YouTube... it's so frustrating.[DOUBLEPOST=1493445225,1493445046][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thank you soooo much for such a sweet compliment. Your thoughts and others that match yours are the only reason why we continue chugging along even though I've thought of quitting so often.

We've checked out your channel, too. And it's as great as many successful channels and you seem to know your YT optimization strategy so well. It's just so crazy how hard it is to get that lucky break.

Yes, my husband and I work full time and maintaining YT is like a part time job for me. Lol! I would easily gather that I spend probably more than 20 hours working on videos, shooting, editing, etc...

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.