Does adwords click rate matter and why?

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Tutorials, especially good ones, for Adwords are seriously lacking. Basically you learn by experimenting and trying different things. There are the odd videos around on Yt, some a few years old, just google for them. 200 subs for $100 is excellent, that's 50 cent/sub.
I would like it to be 10 cent per sub :) this rate will fit my budget better.

Reactions: Pierce's Mom

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You need to be teaching us.
How did you manage 50 cent/sub. What settings? Is that the sub counts shown in the subscriber column, or your total channel sub increment during the campaign?

Pierce's Mom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yes, my budget as well.

How did you manage 50 cent/sub. What settings? Is that the sub counts shown in the subscriber column, or your total channel sub increment during the campaign?
Yes, please expand on this a little further, I'd also like to know how to get subs for 50 cents or less. I ran ads last year for about 3 months during this time when our channel had less than 1K subs and was able to get about 800 subs for about $1000. That was a painful amount for us to spend, hence why I haven't run any ads since. But, it did more than double our subscriber count and increased our viewership.
Is there a correlation between amount of current subscribers, running ads, and seeing growth. For example, now that I have almost 5K subs, would running another ad campaign now still be able to double the amount of subs I currently have? Or would you say that no matter how big you are, running ads are still at a rate of $1/sub? (Trying to get as much info before trying to run another ad again. ;-)

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, my budget as well.

Yes, please expand on this a little further, I'd also like to know how to get subs for 50 cents or less. I ran ads last year for about 3 months during this time when our channel had less than 1K subs and was able to get about 800 subs for about $1000. That was a painful amount for us to spend, hence why I haven't run any ads since. But, it did more than double our subscriber count and increased our viewership.
Is there a correlation between amount of current subscribers, running ads, and seeing growth. For example, now that I have almost 5K subs, would running another ad campaign now still be able to double the amount of subs I currently have? Or would you say that no matter how big you are, running ads are still at a rate of $1/sub? (Trying to get as much info before trying to run another ad again. ;-)
It's a flat rate, there is no exponential or other increased growth rates. There may be some increased rates, as people are attracted to channels with more subs, more content, and better content, but it's not from Adwords per se.

On the amount you spent - I have had several meetings with my accountant over the last year, and he recommends for a business to spend 8-12% of gross revenue on marketing. It's an ongoing expense. The time to pair back would be when the algo starts promoting you and you start getting a high number of real viewers. This is when your real time charts become fairly solid and nice and curvy. This is the time you're out of the s4s loops, you have minimal comments from other channels and most of the comments and engagements are from real viewers. You can pair back your marketing budget to perhaps 4-6% of gross. Of course you can still give each video a boost out the gate, and also promote your backlog, if you so wish.

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
where i can get good tutorial for campaigns on the videos? I run campaigns for tags ( search words ) before and got 200 subs for 100 dollars. For a month my subs and views are going down with small spikes up and I need to improve this situation.
Can you go to your adwords and share everything with the campaign? That would mean the world to us!

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I did it back in December and can't find history of campaigns
on the AdWords. I set only two keywords I set the bids limits to be on the first page. Spend Around 120 dollars.Targeting only 2 countries and I have total channel sub increment during the campaign . This is all that I remember so far.[DOUBLEPOST=1493225998,1493225330][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, my budget as well.

I run ad campaign at 14K subs on my channel. It was painful process to me too, not easy to part with hard earned money. I spent few days looking for the keywords that will fit my campaign, looking for country for my ads and age groups. I looked all my analitics results for the past 3 month ....Now I am ready to do it again , but not sure about results this time. A lot of competition rise up in my field in the past month and bigger channels star to spend more money on adwords and keyword prices doubled :/[DOUBLEPOST=1493226049][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you go to your adwords and share everything with the campaign? That would mean the world to us!
tell me how to get in history of campaign and I will do it.[DOUBLEPOST=1493226736][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's a flat rate, there is no exponential or other increased growth rates. There may be some increased rates, as people are attracted to channels with more subs, more content, and better content, but it's not from Adwords per se.

On the amount you spent - I have had several meetings with my accountant over the last year, and he recommends for a business to spend 8-12% of gross revenue on marketing. It's an ongoing expense. The time to pair back would be when the algo starts promoting you and you start getting a high number of real viewers. This is when your real time charts become fairly solid and nice and curvy. This is the time you're out of the s4s loops, you have minimal comments from other channels and most of the comments and engagements are from real viewers. You can pair back your marketing budget to perhaps 4-6% of gross. Of course you can still give each video a boost out the gate, and also promote your backlog, if you so wish.
did you see any patterns an algo help? Every two month A have 1-3 days of algo favor and then everything going back down. I see that some channels stays in algo favor for month and getting 3-5 K subs a day - I want it to.

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I did it back in December and can't find history of campaigns
I don't think you can delete campaigns even if you remove them. You should be able to find it. Can you try to click "View all campaigns" or something like that?

Pierce's Mom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer

That's a great recommendation. Thanks so much again. So, since it's an ongoing expense, I'm beginning to think my approach should have been spreading the money I spent over the course of the year rather than just 3 months. Currently I make about $100/month only tho :-( How in the world do smaller channels tackle Ad budgeting?

In regards to tent polling a video, I try very hard to make and release videos related to upcoming children's movies. Would you suggest running ads on old videos that are related to the upcoming videos? (Like when they release another angry birds movie, should I advertise my old angry bird videos?)

Reaction score
That's a great recommendation. Thanks so much again. So, since it's an ongoing expense, I'm beginning to think my approach should have been spreading the money I spent over the course of the year rather than just 3 months. Currently I make about $100/month only tho :-( How in the world do smaller channels tackle Ad budgeting?

In regards to tent polling a video, I try very hard to make and release videos related to upcoming children's movies. Would you suggest running ads on old videos that are related to the upcoming videos? (Like when they release another angry birds movie, should I advertise my old angry bird videos?)
Hi, Could you tell me how long you have been taking YT seriously and when did it start to some what 'pick up'?

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other

It is not easy to answer. When Trolls was released I published art activity video related to this animation. So, this video did't have good numbers till a month later. You need to see what people watching most at your channel and make video related to this. I would try promote my video from youtube with video discovery option. It is looks cheaper and more effective solution to me.