Does 1 monetized video = partnership?

RippedNerds

Check out our channel, you won't regret it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I have a question. I made a youtube channel last week with a friend and we have uploaded a few funny videos. We have done very well in a week at 200 subs and 6k+ video views.

We also applied to get 1 of our videos monetized, and were approved. Does this mean we are now partnered? I mean, it just seemed so easy...

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There's two types of partnership now. Youtube makes everyone a partner and can monetize their vids.

RichyChip

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not sure about your question, but just watched your videos and they're very funny! The falling one had me in stitches!

RippedNerds

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
There's two types of partnership now. Youtube makes everyone a partner and can monetize their vids.
Still don't get it... whats the difference between the two types?[DOUBLEPOST=1345230689,1345230644][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not sure about your question, but just watched your videos and they're very funny! The falling one had me in stitches!
Thanks man I appreciate the feedback :) subscribe because we have a load more videos coming.

iSoCoooL

Entertaining The Masses
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Still don't get it... whats the difference between the two types?[DOUBLEPOST=1345230689,1345230644][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thanks man I appreciate the feedback :) subscribe because we have a load more videos coming.
When you monetise your videos you become a partner. You get features such as scheduled uploads that aren't available to regular users as far as I am aware. However until you apply to become a partner with Youtube or a network you are only a "Lite" partner if you will. You have a few features but not all (However Youtube have said they are rolling out new abilities to us:))

So we are not full partners that can have channel banners and such, but we still have a few abilities.

:p

RichyChip

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No worries, I will sub, check out my vids too, have some quite funny ones.

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah, technically you are a "partner", but you don't get access to all the different features. You can gain access to them as your channel grows, or if you join a network.

RippedNerds

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
When you monetise your videos you become a partner. You get features such as scheduled uploads that aren't available to regular users as far as I am aware. However until you apply to become a partner with Youtube or a network you are only a "Lite" partner if you will. You have a few features but not all (However Youtube have said they are rolling out new abilities to us:))

So we are not full partners that can have channel banners and such, but we still have a few abilities.

:p
Ahh right thanks man that makes sense :)

Hardisk

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Hey there !
Historicaly, they were always two types of YouTube partnership :

- Official YT partner, sign a contract with Google
- Partner with an external network who signed themselves with Google

Since less than a year, YouTube split it's original partner program into two tiers

- First tier is accessible to a wide variety of content creators, it allows you to monetize videos and use the schedualed uploader. You can also stream live shows using Google Hangouts on your YouTube channel.
- Second tier is the "legacy" youtube partnership, where you can upload your own thumbnails, banner etc...

According to your post , you seem to have been accepted in the first tier of YT Partner program, yay ! :)

sam97richards

sam97richards
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hey there !
Historicaly, they were always two types of YouTube partnership :

- Official YT partner, sign a contract with Google
- Partner with an external network who signed themselves with Google

Since less than a year, YouTube split it's original partner program into two tiers

- First tier is accessible to a wide variety of content creators, it allows you to monetize videos and use the schedualed uploader. You can also stream live shows using Google Hangouts on your YouTube channel.
- Second tier is the "legacy" youtube partnership, where you can upload your own thumbnails, banner etc...

According to your post , you seem to have been accepted in the first tier of YT Partner program, yay ! :)
how would you get the second tier "legacy"?