Do you write scripts for your videos or no?

Panton

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't write scripts i just get on the mic and start talking but having a plan for the video helps with that since you know what your going to say and something that has been floating around my head is at least having a plan of what you want to say but i am still experimenting tho.[DOUBLEPOST=1533656817,1533656795][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you all so much for the advice!

I'm definitely going to keep going with scripts to organize my thoughts, but then speak from memory, rather than reading everything as I wrote it.

I really appreciate the help!

-McKenzie Hope
good luck

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I script 99% of my videos although when recording, I often do go off script if I think of something else to say in the moment. It's the only way to make sure I cover everything I need to say and don't sound like I'm rambling. It's all heavily edited too.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It really depend A LOT on what kind of video you are doing I would say. I can can be hard to act natural if you got at script (guess that´s what you learn if you take acting clases:)) but yes it depends a lot on the video. I make scripts for every single one of my videos but my guess is that my videos are different from yours

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You get much more natural at reading the script over time. People can't tell that I script my videos now, even though I do.

WebSam

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't write out a whole script, but I do write down all the points I want to cover. What I've started to do for videos where I'm not talking much is working out shot lists, I usually take photos of the things I want to cover on my phone.

This helps me visualize my video before I have even shot it, and shows me areas I am missing, or ways I can rearrange things later on when I do the edit.

Reactions: vMinti

LifeWithAnnie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally never used a script or any kind of bullet point list when making my videos. Sure that means I have more editing out to do because I sometimes go off track, but my memory just isn't good at remembering scripts or bullet points about what video I'm making, and if I were to script or bullet point them, it would be very obvious that I'm reading them or that I'm trying to remember what I was supposed to say next. So I prefer to keep them natural.