Do You Write A Script?

TylersMagic

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends on the video. Some stuff I have fully scripted other things just a general idea/story board with lots of room for adlib/improvisation and normal interaction.

Juzey

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I almost always write a script because I find it very hard to come up with things to say on the spot. This may have something to do with the concentration problems that result from my CFS.

natnip

You may think you want my accent. You really don't
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't write scripts, but I have a Google doc of video ideas and I sometimes expand on those ideas as they come to me. So sometimes yes (kind of), sometimes no. So when I'm editing, sometimes I just have to deal with 2 minute breaks of silence where I'm thinking of how to word something

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I might write some sidenotes, when I have a lot of things to say in a video, but not a full-grown script.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Depending on the video, I might write a full script, but often what I'll do is write a bullet list of what I want to talk about and refer to it in-between shots. For the videos I do with my partner (who is usually doing something with puppets...I have a strange channel), we'll discuss in detail what we want to do, but then improvise when the camera is on and edit the whole thing together.

KarriKat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In the morning I wake up and go take a walk to get my morning green juice or organic coffee.
I sit down with the freshness of the day and I keep around 8 journals where I just jot down thoughts...ideas...lists...notes...all revolving veganism, raw food, things I have read, things I need to do.

Without writing things down I am pretty lost, since I am pretty spacey generally.

SOMETIMES in the midst of this a journal entry type thing will just spill out on the page and I will think wow, I am speaking from my heart here...maybe I should put this on video. I have not done that very often...but I think reading a journal entry you wrote from your heart can be just as effective if not more effective to get your point across then just rambling, because I for one am WAY better at reading and writing then speaking, because I have written stories since I was 5 years old.

So Whatever is the best way to get your thoughts across I think is okay. What annoys me, is the videos that don't have any heart or soul...or the person if obviously not being themself. If you look at Sundoll for example...She is really being herself. Shes a bit crazy, but what you see is what you get. She don't give no fucks.
And also too...some days you feel different then others. Not everyone has a consistent personalitiy. Some people feel sad some days and really excited other days.

As long as you are keeping on target, why beat yourself up about it. Remember this is about a creative vision, your dream...is your dream to be fake?? or to be real??? Think about it!

Reactions: GooberVlogs

CaptainDelugo

Even Blackbeard is scared of me!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm a gamer, I mostly come up with it on the spot, except when I throw Sir Francis in it (which is an "act" of mine)
If I do that then I come up with some jokes on script instead of trying to get some humor while recording, cuz my humor just sucks :D

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
In the morning I wake up and go take a walk to get my morning green juice or organic coffee.
I sit down with the freshness of the day and I keep around 8 journals where I just jot down thoughts...ideas...lists...notes...all revolving veganism, raw food, things I have read, things I need to do.

Without writing things down I am pretty lost, since I am pretty spacey generally.

SOMETIMES in the midst of this a journal entry type thing will just spill out on the page and I will think wow, I am speaking from my heart here...maybe I should put this on video. I have not done that very often...but I think reading a journal entry you wrote from your heart can be just as effective if not more effective to get your point across then just rambling, because I for one am WAY better at reading and writing then speaking, because I have written stories since I was 5 years old.

So Whatever is the best way to get your thoughts across I think is okay. What annoys me, is the videos that don't have any heart or soul...or the person if obviously not being themself. If you look at Sundoll for example...She is really being herself. Shes a bit crazy, but what you see is what you get. She don't give no fucks.
And also too...some days you feel different then others. Not everyone has a consistent personalitiy. Some people feel sad some days and really excited other days.

As long as you are keeping on target, why beat yourself up about it. Remember this is about a creative vision, your dream...is your dream to be fake?? or to be real??? Think about it!
Very true! I feel like a lot of Youtubers I see are being fake and not being themself on camera. I am comfortable on camera and am always myself, I might not be bubbly like a lot of others are but that's why I am me ;) I kinda wish I wrote in a journal growing up cause it would be fun to look back and read BUT that's why I started a vlog channel, my video journal that I can look back on in a few years and see how my life has changed since making my first video =)

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
for me:
- get idea
- note down
-write script
-storyboard
-record lines
then animate, and by the time im done I've added 6 new jokes, deleted a few, and its like a completely different story than the script lol

Reactions: GooberVlogs

PrettyGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I always write a script especially when I see blogs that I found was a good read. I will be inspired then make a program for my channel that I like to create then I also write a script and practice from time to time until I think I'm already good at it.