Do You Write A Script?

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
For regular reviews I adhere a lot to the script, I might change, add or remove something but the core if the script is there. In my lastest Conso vs Music I experimented a more free approach, I had a rough outline of what to say but it sounded extremely awkward in comparison to script oriented videos.

Harpuia

That "creepy" guy that makes Youtube videos.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes I do. I learned from my days on Casual Mode that a script is absolutely necessary if you don't want so many stuttering or cuts.

Callum Mcintyre

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So that my speech is fluent and with no stutters I use a script for my videos, which I then use when adding 'Subtitles and CC' to my videos. It helps me to include all the key information as my videos are mainly factual so it's important that I use specific numbers. However it's a good idea to speak as if you're not just reading off a script as you don't want to sound monotonous.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I usually write a script and we'll follow it through most of the time but whenever someone improvises a line and its better than the script we'll use that instead.
Yesterday we shot an entirely improvised video as a test to see the difference between our other scripted sketch videos and there is a very clear difference between the styles. But we're still deciding if we like that improvised style.

Wowser Palooza

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Whenever we do a skit we use a script but for everything else we just wing it. Having said that, we never follow the script religiously and usually improvise a lot

PrettyKeli

PrettyKeli
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ready for a Billion Dollar Tip????

NEVER Write a Script... Write a...... BLOG POST

ahhh!!! Talk about killing 2 birds with 1 stone. If you write a blog post it will be well thought out, organized and once linked to the video will complement your content and help with seo.

This is how the big boy's play and what they will NEVER tell you.

Write blog posts, not scripts

KWKBOX

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Scripts? I do not need no stinkin' scripts...

Walter Moran

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
If I was doing skits I would write a script, but with my content the humor usually come out on spot. I've thought about it though.