Do you write a script for your videos?

Roman Ryder

I've Got It
Reaction score
My video topics have typically started out as a journal entry, so I have some thoughts on what I want to include. Then I typically look for some data and stories (preferably personal) to support the topics. Then I make an outline and possibly include a bullet or two under the main topics to make sure I cover stuff. I've been doing everything in one take up to now, but I'm planning to start filming the A roll in sections and using some B rolls to transition between them. If I was sitting at my desk vlogging, I'd definitely consider using a ring light and teleprompter though! lol

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Script/plan all the way ! as for text you could do it if it is better for you to memorize text for me it is better to speak from head, it is faster this way.

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends on what the topic is what how you want to present the information. I like to do a little research before I press play on the camera and prepare what I'm going to be talking about. I like to script or at least jot down points I want to talk about so that I don't get off track and mention everything I wanted to talk about.

LkHyt

Reaction score
I always write scripts, but I think that's mostly because I'm not good at improvising and I get choked up, specially if I want to make a specific point.
I do believe the more comfortable you get when recording the more chances you'll get of going off script though

Ernie Jo

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've got a web series that's a detective comedy/drama that I script out, but then I also do things like stupid mcdonalds reviews and random shorts that aren't really scripted, maybe a little in my head but I'm not super formal with them. But they are more for fun and I'm trying to make my web series legit haha.