Do you watch your own videos?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Of course! I can't imagine what fun it would be to make videos I didn't want to watch.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don´t watch my own videos because I kinda feel embarrassed watching myself!
Is it weird though, feeling that way?

David Perez

I've Got It
Reaction score
As a small youtuber i watch my own videos i mean ill try my best to get the views and get my video out there yea also its cool to see of how you become

Helen Czap

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I like to watch my old videos, even though they're not that old. My channel is focused on my weight loss journey and its crazy to see the difference between my face from my first video compared to my recent. I love it! lol.

maarcnig

itsLIT!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly yes...

I usually find myself watching them time to time just because of the thought that I made it, lol. Also, it's to see what I should improve on and what else I can add to my future videos.

slayerkm

Daily Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just curious to know if any of you watch your own videos after you upload them. Personally, I shoot to make content that i would watch. I normally watch my videos while I'm editing but not as much after the upload process.
I'm the same to be honest i watch them through editing and give it a final watch after exporting to ensure exporting didnt f*** up then i upload :)

Only time i re watch on YouTube my own content is if i'm showing someone or want to remind myself of something i had done previously.

Reo Lazaro

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I watch them before uploading as the video equivalent of a proof read, and on occasion I will go back and watch an older video to see what I did right, and didn't do right as I work on a new video.

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'll of course watch through certain sections over and over during editing while I'm getting everything right etc and making sure it all makes sense (since I often have to do retakes of segments and sometimes when I do a retake I say something slightly different - so I have to make sure it fits etc). After it's edited I'll sometimes give it a quick watch through.

Other than that though it's rare that I watch my own videos. My content is more informational than entertainment oriented, and so since I already have all the information that I'm teaching I don't really get the same value out of my own content that my viewers do.

That said I do have a couple of hypnosis tracks on my channel that I do listen to myself - but I have offline .mp3 copies of those that I listen to, rather than the videos on YouTube themselves.