Do you want to ever make a career out of YouTube?

Mcrocks9

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd love to make YouTube a career, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Same here. Been putting out a lot of videos on my other channel while I take breaks from looking for work.

Reaction score
I'm not sure. It seems like the most fun job ever, but there must be a lot of pressure involved.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
it kind of is my career now, i earn around $1600 a month from ad rev and patreon, i can't wait until it becomes more secure

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
To make a living you would have to have a least 2 million views per month. Wow
No where near enough views.[DOUBLEPOST=1502054766,1502054208][/DOUBLEPOST]I see going YT full time way too risky. Number of ads/CPM has be constantly decreasing over the last few years for me.
So when I hit the next bracket, it drops again and I need more and more views to earn the same.
I would need to be regular hitting 500k views a day to consider giving up my day job. So as I only get around 100k views a day I am some way off. Maybe if I had 1mil subs.

Reactions: odabaco

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
These days competition on youtube is so high that I believe if you put same effort (time, learning, investment) into something else, your chances of success will be much higher. However, we all like to go with the line of the rest resistance so we think money on youtube is easy and we will get rich easily. It is completely different, you need to put more sweat into youtube than if you pursue any other career. I think this explosion of new YouTubers is due to the fact that today`s smartphones have so good camera so basically, you don`t need any investment just press record and post it on youtube. But it is not that easy to make living from it :D

Reactions: u2bGamer

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I don't think I'd be able to ever, but it would be nice!
To be honest, though.. Any income I would get from YouTube would probably just go straight back into YouTube, for content, equipment, giveaways ect!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would like to make it a side career :) my main career however involves marketing so it would help with that

Spectre677

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My overall goal is to make a career from YouTube it is something I am very passionate about but I don't expect it to happen any time soon so I am just enjoying the journey for now and making a million+ subs is not a goal for me I just want an active sub base who love my vids and in return I can make a career from it.