Do you want to ever make a career out of YouTube?

Joey Nixon

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It really depends for me. The biggest thing for me in life is that I want to be happy. I don't have a plan for what I want to do as a future career. However, YouTube is giving me the opportunity to get what I want out of life and that is to make people laugh and smile and to maybe inspire and help others. I could see a future with YouTube but only time will tell.[DOUBLEPOST=1501967016,1501966674][/DOUBLEPOST]
Though it's not going to happen for me I would easily say yes. I'm happy doing this as a hobby though and will continue to do so simply because it's different, enjoyable and allows you to improve yourself in many ways.
Why not? I think you could if you really wanted to. Just got to stick with it!

Reactions: JammyWam

KudoJin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I'd love to make YouTube a career, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

JammyWam

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Why not? I think you could if you really wanted to. Just got to stick with it!
I simply don't expect any financial gain from YouTube BUT that doesn't mean I don't want to make videos because I personally enjoy making videos and it allows me to express myself. It's a bonus when people are enjoying the content you put out there and being part of the YouTube community is what I love. The communities on YouTube has given me a place of belonging and for me that's what’s so great about YouTube. Making videos myself just allows me to feel fully part of the community. If I ever became so fortunate to the point where I could financially support myself then of course I'm going to accept that privilege BUT again I don't expect it to happen. I still encourage everyone to try put the best content out there as they possibly can, after all you never know something could just go your way.

Reactions: Joey Nixon

ItsMeRay

Hey there, Ray here!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would love to get to the point where I can make a living off of doing YouTube. It seems like it would be really fun to, however, I think that it's nearly impossible for that to actually happen :0 Maybe if I get extra lucky :)

BamaGuyRTR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think the time for making a career solely out of YouTube has come and gone. Now you pretty much need sponsors or tippers or merch in order to actually make money. CPM pretty much sucks now and the ads are far and few between. If you don't love the content you're making, you'll never make money.

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm actively trying at the moment. Really looking to get more dynamic and switch up my content to catch new mobile games and get more exposure. Set aside the next few weeks to only work on YouTube and nothing else so hopefully I can make a huge dent with a lot of multi-upload days. I've thought about just pursuing something else and admitting it's a hobby, but to do that and know that you have the skills to make it is so tough to accept. I really believe I can get there, and to me the up and down income is part of what makes it exciting. It challenges me to create popular content every month, even if I fail I still come back for the challenge.

The problem with mobile games is that there aren't that many games that can actually pull the views you need to be full time. The bottom is so wide open with lots of games that could net you 100k views per month but then cap out. I've used that to get my foot in the door but it's hard going up to that next level unless you catch a game that really takes off.

I always wanted to create things that other people could enjoy and this allows me to do that and use my creative skillset so I really really hope I can find a way to make it fulltime. Just have to keep making videos, innovating, and learning new things.

Reactions: odabaco

Lasersgo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would LOVE to, but I also understand it takes a lot of work to build your "brand" and start to make REAL money from YouTube.

Ryan Ng

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
yea that was my passion for like 5 years. But it slowly faded away and although i have turned away from youtube a bit I have begun to focus on serious films. But I do still post.

DictionaryWrites

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I wouldn't consider YouTube itself a career, in that it doesn't really meet the definition of stable pay or chance for promotion, but I'd love to work up to something of an income from YouTube. I get paid some money a month from books I've written, and in the same way I'd like to build that up, I'd like the same with YouTube.

My landlady mentioned her son writes and films parody sketches for YouTube the other day, and he makes 6 grand in ad revenue a month, so that was definitely an encouragement that came close to home!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Youtube is part of a long term plan for me. I hope to one day be successful enough so that youtube is is part of a bigger picture for me. I'd like to be able to do cooking demos, talks, books, maybe even a TV series! One can dream I guess lol[DOUBLEPOST=1501929497,1501929293][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't think of it as 70 cents a day, think of it as $255 a year. Even if you stayed at the level of income. Put that money away for say 5 years and you'll have $1200. That's a nice little holiday for yourself, for doing something you love as a hobby ☺
Yes that's true! But I could put the same time into a proper job and .... but movie making is fun