Do you use Twitter to help your YouTube Channel?

Fazza

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
On Twitter I talk about all sorts of things, including the same topic that my YT channel is based on and I am following and chatting with people on Twitter that share the same interest and by doing so I've found a few more channels to watch and interact with! I've literally just started my new YT channel and I'm barely in to double figures but I'm having fun creating the videos a lot and chatting about them on both YT and Twitter. It might not be getting me dozens of new subscribers, but it's gotten a lot of other people at least 1 new subscriber as I've seen their links to their YT channel and subscribed if they have similar interests!

Reactions: Jenni Nexus

Jenni Nexus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The other commenter said a lot of what I would have said. I use Twitter daily, but I'm also a streamer, so I follow and chat with a lot of streamers, and anyone else who has common interests, on Twitter.

The main thing about advertising your Youtube channel on Twitter is that people don't want ads, so you gotta phrase it with some other interesting info, don't just drop your YT video link, but rather say something interesting about what's in the video to pique people's interest. Twitter favors native videos, so if you're willing to put in some extra work, you can get the most bang for your buck (figuratively speaking) if you edit a short snippit from your YT video that you can load directly up onto Twitter with your post that links out to the full vid. Some people do that, and upload native versions of the vid also on IGTV and/or Facebook page.

In general Twitter (to me) is good for the fun of socializing and conversing in Twitter threads on topics that are actually of interest.

For those who loathe social media, it will not be fun, and if it's a struggle to get interested then it's probably not worth it lol. I can totally understand the viewpoint that people don't have time or if they're not interested in dealing w/ more social media. But it can be fun and helpful if you're into it :-D Once you follow some genuinely interesting accounts and have a good feed then it's way better. I personally look for entertaining / educational accounts to follow (mostly game developers and streamers, and plenty are also YouTubers).

Hope that helps.

rinki

Reaction score
Well, No, I don't but is not a bad idea to use twiter as it is a popular channel and users like it too much and most of the entrepreneurs mostly used witer as a medium instead of other channels.

ThriftyAV

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a presence on Twitter, but it's rather small compared to my YT subs. What's helped on Instagram are posts unique to that platform, so I plan on doing more of that on Twitter as well, not just links to my YouTube vids.

ricky4WP

Reaction score
I even think about using a TikTok for promoting my YouTube channel