Do you use Twitter to help your YouTube Channel?

Steves World

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am a Twitter rookie and wonder if I learn Twitter better and start using it, how will it help my YouTube Channel.
If you are using Twitter now for your channel can you post some advice and how you are using it?
Are you updating users on what you are doing? Future videos? etc?

Thank you
Steve

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Well...I try to! though no matter how much I push it on my youtube channel I only have 75 followers on twitter and despite posting on there multiple times a day, everyday for the last 8 months (Ive had the account now for over a year and a half I think) I find that gaining followers is incredibly random and theres no guarenteed way to find your audience outside of just keep throwing out hashtags based around your channels motiff and hope for the best. (I'd love to grow my twitter mind...as I enjoy talking to people about my youtube channels topic.)

Reactions: Steves World

OpiumSymposium

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
I post my videos to Twitter but i have only one follower so i dont get much reach. However, out of all the people it's The Tommy Wi-Show that's following me.

Reactions: Jenni Nexus

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I do not use Twitter, and spends most of my online time on YT. Nicer community. Twitter is more hateful than Facebook. I remember when YouTube used to be the comment section to avoid ha ha. :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally as a youtuber. I find it a complete waste of time if the sole purpose is to get views to your channel.

Instead, use it to find like minded content creators. The idea is to come to an agreement to promote each other's business.

Brett Hornby

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
I personally use TubeBuddy to tweet out my latest video as a way to promote it. Hit or miss. Could also tweet out potential plans on future videos. Depends on how much you use Twitter or how many followers you have. Also use Instagram as another way to cross promote if you share a thumbnail for example.

Giz Edwards

Reaction score
Website
www.clipshare.co.uk
Share content that you create, take a snippet of it and post it DIRECTLY to Twitter.

Add hashtags.

Most of the time when new people find my channel it is either because of this process, or my SEO on YouTube.

Reactions: ThriftyAV

Jenni Nexus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I notice a broad audience of streamers on Twitter and I have a pretty good feed of entertaining content, where I'm genuinely moved to join in the conversation on posts. But I agree with some of what others said in response, that it may or may not really help your YouTube channel. For me, I already have some followers so any time I post about a video or live stream I'm doing, I do see that some people click and come over from Twitter (from the analytics). But I don't think I'd get much engagement if it was all I posted. On Twitter I make an effort to get to know the people I follow, and follow people whose work I actually really like, so I'm more likely to want to retweet them and whatnot. In terms of community, just like on any social media platform, it takes time to curate a good feed. But once you've got good stuff coming in and and good receptive audience that's interested in your content, Twitter is great in my opinion, and a good addition to having a YT channel. From a business perspective, but also for getting your videos circulating. Most platforms will favor native vids though, so you can consider uploading a short preview of your YT vid, onto Twitter, and link to the full vid on YT from there :)

Have fun, and best of success to you ;)