Do you think YT limits your views with quota?

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Anyone have any opinion on this. I was curious if perhaps yt sets kind of a quota and throttles your views.

maybe your channel is analyzed and yt decides ok we will give you 2,000 to 3,000 views a day. Or maybe not your channel but the
Algorithm decides some of your videos will get certain number of views quota.

im wondering if i get certain number of views per day because its the natural rate that im earning, or if yt has a soft limit for whatever bracket your video or channel has been grouped into.

I ask because ive noticed a few things that could just be coincidence. In the realtime reports some of my larger 48 hour view counts seem steady around a certain count. And they're in multiples of ten. Also sometimes my video will rotate in suggested views. If you refresh a few times its not always in there.

Also i noticed recently my biggest source of traffic was from being a suggested video on a cartoon clip that was uploaded. Top source of referrals. But it was removed monday because of copyright claim (justly so). Anyways my total count hasnt gone down too much. Im still a litttle above from last week.

Anyways i cant tell if my views are within a natural limit in the economy of youtube, or if there is code that keeps my views within a certain limit until the next analyzing takes place when this limit is changed.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I don't think that YouTube does that purposely or any other reason. They just count real views and remove the bot views. Showing the original views only.

Andy b

I've Got It
Reaction score
I believe YouTube does throttle up or down the amount of views you get. It does this by setting the amount of times your videos is suggested or recommended on other videos.

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yes - definitely.
As I said before you must pass through certain threshold for your channel to be upgraded to next level. If you suddenly start to receive tones of views and subs from recommended video of mega channel - the algorithm will rapidly stop them as you are exceeding your assigned daily/monthly quota.

In general the growth on YT is saltatory - sudden increase in views and subs followed by prolonged periods of relative stability/new steady state - it resembles a lot accelerated evolutionary process (most probably this is what they try to emulate with their AI algorithms).

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I have the same thoughts on this to be honest. It's so weird. Like it gets almost the same amount if I have an external source or not now.

But I never really cared much of it and just hope every month I get past what is needed. ^^[DOUBLEPOST=1458293131,1458292997][/DOUBLEPOST]
the algorithm will rapidly stop them as you are exceeding your assigned daily/monthly quota.
I think I had this happen to me once. Even when my video got good retention as well. It baffles me to be honest why it did not stay but oh well~~ :spin:

Reactions: Omgitz Herp

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have the same thoughts on this to be honest. It's so weird. Like it gets almost the same amount if I have an external source or not now.

But I never really cared much of it and just hope every month I get past what is needed. ^^[DOUBLEPOST=1458293131,1458292997][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think I had this happen to me once. Even when my video got good retention as well. It baffles me to be honest why it did not stay but oh well~~ :spin:
It happened to us around 2 weeks ago. You can see the 57 subs spike (2016-02-25) in our social blade stats:

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/chottomattenet/monthly

They all came from the video of another Japan/kids related big channel very similar to our video (may be a copy cat). Than the algorithm realized its "mistake" and disconnected our two videos before our channel could get viral. The connection was "alive" for just around 24 hours. Morever we were getting mainly new US subscribers and our channel is already asigned to be a Japanese channel - yet another transgression of the strict YT algorithm rules! ;)

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
It happened to us around 2 weeks ago. You can see the 57 subs spike (2016-02-25) in our social blade stats:

They all came from the video of another Japan/kids related big channel very similar to our video (may be a copy cat). Than the algorithm realized its "mistake" and disconnected our two videos before our channel could get viral. The connection was "alive" for just around 24 hours. Morever we were getting mainly new US subscribers and our channel is already asigned to be a Japanese channel - yet another transgression of the strict YT algorithm rules! ;)
Mine happened a few months back when I had less than 40 videos on my channel and it was around 24 hours as well! Its weird because it makes you think. about what other channels that suddenly goes bang are doing differently and why they manage to retain that many views without getting throttled.

I always just take it as its not time yet or I need to improve my videos and maybe their watch time is greater or whatnot but who knows~ Probably see us as not making enough money for them with that amount of view or something lol get me? Might need to achieve this much ad money within this many views to get your freedom, may~be~:dance: (I could be talking b******t here haha)

Reactions: chottom

Fun with Sarah

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Morever we were getting mainly new US subscribers and our channel is already asigned to be a Japanese channel - yet another transgression of the strict YT algorithm rules!
You reckon the algorithm doesn't like to promote your channel to US because you upload / are based in Japan or is it because of all the Japanese keywords used?

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
There was another instance where I promoted a video and the video got better views than what I normally have for a video per day (with good enough retention from it as well when I checked the analytics) that I expected to have more views for that particular day but it normalised to my normal per day amount of views by lowering the amount from suggested views.

The amount of suggested views got back to normal after a few days tho but, it really does made me think something was going on.

Fun with Sarah

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
and it was around 24 hours as well!
Happened to us too. We were so excited for 24hrs, then we were replaced in the suggested column by much larger channels. I assumed our retention levels were less than the already popular mega channels that were even less well matched to the popular video we were suggested alongside but made more sense to the algorithm... not sure.