MillieCan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Youtube has come up with so many new rules. I am kind of sad by this. It is so unfair, I feel like it is impossible to even grow. The new watch time rules is terrible. I am trying to find my way, I don't understand how new people join and gain so many subs and views without struggles like most of us do. Things have changed so much, I wish I started years ago. I am trying to get better equipment such as mic and figure out the base of my content. It is so not easy.

Reactions: markkaz

Mazen

Reaction score
I do think so, but YouTube is doing that because they care about the business. If they gave the small channels money they wouldn't gain much profit, so they just care about money really. I would actually say that it's selfish.
But I mean once you hit 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours watch time life becomes so much easier ad you start to grow really fast and it just becomes better overall!

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think in some ways it is, if your doing youtube to make a living the recent changes to the monetization rules will be a bit upsetting. Though they're easily circumnavigated by websites like Patreon. At this point I dont think of the money because Im doing this for fun and it's highly likely I'll never hit the point where im turning a profit anyway...Where I do think they can be a bit unfair is in promoting smaller youtubers new videos. I think the best way to tackle that though would be to bring back there "Up and coming - Staff picks" section get a team solely on board to scour smaller youtubers channels to find good videos and then showcase them either on the front page or under a tab. I think the more you grow on youtube the easier it becomes to get on. But those starting days can be kind of rough...

Reactions: tahlia and markkaz

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Youtube has come up with so many new rules. I am kind of sad by this. It is so unfair, I feel like it is impossible to even grow. The new watch time rules is terrible. I am trying to find my way, I don't understand how new people join and gain so many subs and views without struggles like most of us do. Things have changed so much, I wish I started years ago. I am trying to get better equipment such as mic and figure out the base of my content. It is so not easy.
Meh their choice on the new requirements was smart on their part from a business standpoint. Yes it is difficult to meet those requirements which isn't a bad thing honestly. And honestly, anything in life that takes work to achieve is well worth it. Youtube growth is exponential so that the more views and subs you have the more you get. Another tip I have from a motivational speech I watched once "Get on the morphine!" find what consumers want and stick with it and things will grow really well. Think about what kind of videos you enjoy watching on youtube. If the videos you're making you would not click on or watch the whole thing of then maybe mix some things up.

The Matt Diaries

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's all about staying optimistic and motivated. Which being honest is something I'm working on. I suppose the best way to think of it is you're only going to grow by keeping at it as opposed to stopping

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Noobzilla

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Do You Think Youtube is Unfair to Newbies?
No, more eyes are viewing YouTube videos now than ever so despite having more competition, the potential is there to grow.

Youtube has come up with so many new rules. I am kind of sad by this. It is so unfair, I feel like it is impossible to even grow. The new watch time rules is terrible.
Watch time rules for monetization and growing your channel are two different things. You might not like the new monetization rules but that isn't limiting your growth potential.

I am trying to find my way, I don't understand how new people join and gain so many subs and views
You just answered your own initial question. If YouTube is unfair to newbies how are those new people joining and gaining so many subs and views?

I am trying to get better equipment
That is only half the battle. You can grow without having fancy equipment.

It is so not easy.
Most good things in life aren't. Stick with it and little by little, day by day you will get closer and closer to your whatever your dreams are.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
In time you will find out that it is not the rules.

Let's say that all us, small channels we are kind of amateurs, beginners call us whatever newbies you wish.

Never saw an amateur e.g. photographer saying that the market does not give opportunities, there are so many rules, you cannot grow etc.

Treat it like a hobby and it will be fun!

:)