markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think of all of the talented musicians and singers who can't earn a living at what they do as well. Sometimes it takes years to really get good or to get that break and be noticed.

Newer YouTubers have the best technology right in their hands. Cellphones have fantastic video quality! When I started, you had to spend big bucks to get 'good' resolution.

I have been at this for ten years now. I had to do all of the figuring out myself. Nowadays, there are so many tips, guides, apps and even professionals that can help.

The only thing is, now not only am I fighting to keep my own market share but my own audience wants to emulate what I do and make money too. Families see their kid being fascinated with channels and they say, hey! We can do that too!

We are all competing for eyeballs. What kind of content are you going to make that gets enough eyeballs to make you successful? Why should they watch you (me) and not somebody else's? How do you get noticed? That's the same battle we are all facing.

Last edited:

MillieCan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks everyone! All great answers![DOUBLEPOST=1528779776,1528779727][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks everyone! All great answers!

Reactions: markkaz

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Basicly yeah lol this is why alot of youtubers don't put all their eggs in one basket when it comes to earning money with youtube. There are multiple ways to earn money as an influencer, and it is important to take advantage of those because youtube Adsense can always change drastically as it already has
I agree even the YouTubers top creators don’t even rely on adds, they make music, books, goes on tour, sells merchandise, gets sponsored, some will even start acting abd modling. If I made money off youtube I would like to do other things like music and acting, I would also like to help produce stuff YouTube red because I always had a passion for stuff like that:)

Reactions: ASMR Amour

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree even the YouTubers top creators don’t even rely on adds, they make music, books, goes on tour, sells merchandise, gets sponsored, some will even start acting abd modling. If I made money off youtube I would like to do other things like music and acting, I would also like to help produce stuff YouTube red because I always had a passion for stuff like that:)
Exactly! Putting all your eggs in one basket for making money is never a good idea. I mean example of my life I am not only going to school for nursing but I am working on growing a youtube channel. I got options :)

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Exactly! Putting all your eggs in one basket for making money is never a good idea. I mean example of my life I am not only going to school for nursing but I am working on growing a youtube channel. I got options :)
I’m looking into going to college for the medical field this fall for dignostic songraphy

Reactions: ASMR Amour

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I’m looking into going to college for the medical field this fall for dignostic songraphy
O nice! I hope you enjoy it :) I would look into if your area is easy to get a job with that just a heads up. My state it is pretty hard to get a fulltime job in that right now. Some stuff like that you just have to be open to moving to a different state or area that is in more need of that career.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
O nice! I hope you enjoy it :) I would look into if your area is easy to get a job with that just a heads up. My state it is pretty hard to get a fulltime job in that right now. Some stuff like that you just have to be open to moving to a different state or area that is in more need of that career.
Yeah my cousin lives in the state of Georgia and she went to college for it and ended up not getting a job in that filed because of that. Where I live There’s only one college that offers that and they said that even if I take all the classes I might not be able to get into their ultrasounding class because it’s very competitive, so I would have to transfer to one of my state biggest university for occupationalal therapy. There’s lot I have to think about, the college I would have to transfer to cost a lot of money since it’s one of the biggest university’s in my state. I really don’t want to take all those classes and then be told sorry went can’t put you in are ultrasound sounding program because it’s full.

Reactions: MillieCan

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah my cousin lives in the state of Georgia and she went to college for it and ended up not getting a job in that filed because of that. Where I live There’s only one college that offers that and they said that even if I take all the classes I might not be able to get into their ultrasounding class because it’s very competitive, so I would have to transfer to one of my state biggest university for occupationalal therapy. There’s lot I have to think about, the college I would have to transfer to cost a lot of money since it’s one of the biggest university’s in my state. I really don’t want to take all those classes and then be told sorry went can’t put you in are ultrasound sounding program because it’s full.
Yeah I have one person I know of that has gone through with the schooling for it. I live in Michigan, and she had to go to Ohio because it was so competitive to get in. Which is kind of odd because people don't realize how hard getting a full-time job in it is. That same person I know has only been getting part time hours for at least the last 6 years because she moved back to Michigan in the same area I am. With such a rural area that I'm in people stay in their jobs till they want to retire kind of thing.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't understand how new people join and gain so many subs and views without struggles
All of us struggle my dear:) Especially in the beginning;) But it will get easier along the way I´m sure you know about that.
Things have changed so much, I wish I started years ago
Yep maybe it was easier some years ago (I started YouTube about 2 years ago and I dont know much about how it was before) but from what I heard many of the new YT-rules are made to improve quality of Youtube and honestly I think that is fine
I am trying to get better equipment such as mic and figure out the base of my content.
My advice would be to focus less on equipment (especially in the beginning) and focus on making great content and collabs. Yes I mention collaborations again and again cause it is one of the best (free) ways to grow a channel....... But yes, it takes time and effort

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I'm actually not opposed to the rules cause there isn't much to make before the 1,000 Subscriber mark and 4,000 Watch time hours within 12 months. I'm sure once you hit those requirements it becomes a lot easier to see the cash flow. But from a business standpoint what they are doing makes sense. They just don't cater to new channels cause they already have their giant content creators who make the money for them. Usually large companies with a lot of people helping out per video where as us smaller channels are lucky if we have 1 or 2 extra people volunteering their time to help us out.

So don't give up or get discouraged. As long as you love doing what you do then the time will come where you can eventually make it your dream job. It's just a steep learning curve is all. :O!