Do You Think Youtube is a Dying Platform

I feel like its dying in the aspect that the creator now has to follow guidelines in order to keep a video monetized and not restricted. I feel like people who touch on political topics or who do commentary videos in general are more at risk, however gaming channels have gotten hit really badly lately (Uberhaxornova posted a video about a good amount of his content for the most part being flagged as not eligible for monetization, it's really bad and makes me super discouraged) but it's only gotten worse so far for those kinda of channels.

So yeah, it's dying in a way where it doesn't let the creator control what they do, but makes the creator jump through hoops in order to actually make money from what's basically their job.

To be honest... if YouTube doesn't manage to get back in the advertisers good graces then it's going to be done for.

But even if it dies, something else will replace it in time.

Not sure...Don't think YouTube itself is a dying platform, but it's probably harder for new creators to get noticed than it was 10 years ago

Julia and Claire

Not sure if "dying" is the right word. Gaming channels will find it harder and harder to make video driven revenue, though, and that will drive many of them to different platforms (or at least they will have to start using Patreon). Channels that walk the edge of releasing "mature" content will also find themselves in the same situation as gaming channels. Meanwhile, kid friendly channels will continue to thrive. It's a shame.

It's harder to get views and subs on youtube now but in my opinion but really dying just people are moving on, while others will always sign up and watch videos and channels on youtube.com in in all not dying

Ive not been watching youtube as much now... i just feel like peoples content is dying out and people are not uploading as much at all?

My views are kinda staying the same but my subs are slowing down too.

I don't think so. I think YouTube is changing focus. It may be the case that there are so many creators and not enough ad revenue to pay them all, and advertisers may not be all that happy to have their ads on just anything YouTube serves up. So I'm thinking that YouTube may change focus from "everybody can make content and maybe make it big," to more of a platform that supports a smaller, more lucrative number of creators rather than every single person with a camera and an internet connection.

How that will shake out will probably come to pass by the end of 2018, and then we'll know.

No YouTube isn't dying the trends are just changing and it's evolving into being mainstream when YouTube first started it wasn't that mainstream and people looked down others who did it now more and more YouTuber are becoming singers actors and writers, I think that's pretty cool! right now vlogging is pretty big on YouTube but eventually something else will be popular on YouTube. YouTube is adding more and more features for expample they have something else besides YouTube I don't name if I just seen it Advertised the other it kind of looks Hulu and Netflix type of thing where you can watch different types of movies.

Back