Do You Think Youtube is a Dying Platform

dina

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i honestly don't believe or think YouTube is a dying platform at all, but best believe it is going to keep changing for sure. five to ten years from now YouTube would would be here but barely recognizable, unless you are keeping up with everything at every point in time.

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't think its dying but it is definitely evolving and always changing, yes the site might look bad at times but the guys behind youtube are always trying to experiment with different things which i cannot fault them, we experiment with our videos. I really enjoy youtube and more and more people are coming to youtube which is awesome!

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It's not dying, but changing and evolving with the times. So yes, the Youtube that once had Fred as a thing, is now dead and gone, but the Google-owned Youtube we have now has just begun.

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I don't think it is a dying platform, just super over saturated. But just like every social media platform is. But speaking for the future, you can never say for sure, technology is always evolving and anything is possible in this day and age. So maybe something better and more shiny will take its place. You never know.

TheUnheardofGamers

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't think youtube will ever die. I think it will last as long as computers and phones as they are now die. So like... we have a really long time with youtube left :)

BamaGuyRTR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It's dying for controversial creators and free speech. I'm just waiting for someone to do what they refuse to do. They should really stand up to the advertisers. Plus not every company is opposed to controversial content. I feel like we're beating a dead horse with this subject.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I hope it will still here in 10 years and im still chucking out muck on it and im still getting paid for said muck.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It´s all been said I think....It's not dying, but changing and evolving all the time but Im sure it will be here in 10years:)

EyeCantDoThis

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
They've definitely changed their perspective, they used to be supportive of smaller channels and the community however now they seem entirely focused on the larger channels.

In addition it's lost its sense of fun it had back in 2011, things like trolling and prank call videos were great but now the algorithm seems to prefer family-friendly content :(

Sven Vee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm just hoping for a platform that doesn't feel as over saturated as YT does right now. I just feel like good content is not getting the attention it deserves. I myself do still have a long way to go with my own quality though, but I see this with great creators all the time that deserve so much more recognition for their work.