Do you think the new Youtube Algorithm was a bad change or a good change

FleXiNaToR

Heard alot of people talking about the 2017 Youtube Algorithm,did it affect your channels in a bad way or a good way?

It's a good thing because it benefits the viewers more than the creators which may sound weird coming from a content creator, but this means that if you actually experiment with what people/ your audience likes. You can rely on the algorithm to send the viewers over to you.

I'm honestly not sure what the actual change was, all I know is that my subscription box doesn't have all of the vids it should have (eg all of the people I'm subbed to) and I'm getting a % less views per video/month, I'm honestly not too fussed about it though!

YouTube has 100s of algorithm changes every year. From my experiences, the only time people really talk about it is if they feel like YouTube is screwing them over and want something to blame besides themselves or if big channels make videos about it causing a ripple effect which in turn causes others to talk about it as well. YouTube is, and has always been, evolving.

I stopped caring about algorithm changes some years ago and don't want to ever look at them again. They are so often and so many that trying to adapt to all of them is doing more harm than good. At the end trying to follow or to game the algorithm is a grey area that shall not be of concern to a video creator. I care about making the best videos now, not about the algorithm changes, keywords, tags, retention time, traffic sources, etc. In fact my best performing videos have pretty minimal descriptions and less than usual amount of tags.

We've seen a slight upturn in earnings and slight
Y more subs with a slight decrease in daily views so it's acceptable but nothing groundbreaking

Back