Do you think its better to have branded merch or actual sayings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honkie_kun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Basically what the title says but do you think its better to have branded pictures that you are known for or would it be better to have a special way of saying things people would know you for. Of course you could have more but do you think its as effective then one is then the other?

TheKirkyLife

The Real James T. Kirk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
All about the brand for me. Sayings come and gone. As long as people remember what you look like be it your profile or your face or your voice - that will stick more I feel.

Honkie_kun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah but what I am trying to say is that merch will become you. You will become like an object to them like a mustache or something not a person. Whilst if you have actual things e.g like pewdiepies bro fist it lets them feel more connected to you for you share something. Doing both will most likely end up doing quiet bad

Michael Lunatic

Cosplay Videos|Comedy|Unboxings
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
Work on a brand and a saying.
Branding yourself is very important as when people see your logo they instantly remember and think of you.
A catchphrase is equally important, if a video plays on it's own after another video and you ain't looking at the screen, when you hear someone's catchphrase for example: Pewdiepie or jacksepticeye you will instantly know it's one of their videos, stop doing the washing up or housework and watch their video instead.

V3XL0R

Personifying Music Since 1994
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Animator
Basically what the title says but do you think its better to have branded pictures that you are known for or would it be better to have a special way of saying things people would know you for. Of course you could have more but do you think its as effective then one is then the other?
I think your branding will be more important than your catch phrases. As you said, you can do both. However, since we're only talking about having one or the other, it's better to have you brand. You can do so much with it, like merch, logo variations, etc.

Honkie_kun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
yeah I agree on that but its just upsets me sometime when i've seen loads of people pump out merch and not put anything actually into there community or get to know them then complain that they don't get active subs xD

cedriccha

Reaction score
Both pictures and words have their use and value. I think the more important question to ask and answer is "Who is your brand targeted towards?" (or "What is the demographic of your subscribers?")

Example A: If your brand is targeted to coders/programmers, a witty catchphrase (with some tech slang) might do the trick.

Example B: If your subscribers are artists/designers, a captivating graphic illustration might be more appealing.​

Your brand will naturally evolve into what works for your customers/subscribers, and you will get recognised for it (whatever it may be). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.