Do you think it's a good idea for YouTube to be bought by some other company?

would you want YouTube to be bought by another Company?

• HELL YES!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOOOOOO

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Couldn't hurt

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Do you think if Google were offered enough money they would let some other company buy it? If so would it be better or worse? Who could you see buying it that would be successful?

I don't see this happening in the near future. Youtube is a very very very very very lucrative platform. It is also the worlds most used search engine aside from Google. Why would Google sell Youtube to someone else, eventually resulting in creating a very strong concurrent.

Also, I think that since Google has been involved with Youtube from the start, they would probably know whats best for it. That is, from a business perspective (keep in mind that is what keeps the site running and in doing so; our ad revenue).

However, it couldn't hurt if Google would collect a team of both big and rising Youtubers as well as frequent Youtube users to really have a look at what would improve the site.

Firstly, google doesn't actually do much with YouTube. YouTube has it's own employees and just is a part of google. Google as a major company isn't really involved in the day to day decision making. Secondly, they're not gonna sell. And if they did, YouTube would lose a lot of the connections with google search engine, google +, and overall funding for future projects. And let's say they did sell, YouTube is probably going to run under the same management anyways, so nothing changes.

Honestly I think the more YouTube moves around from company to company the more... well.. f**ked up its going to get.
Google didnt really start out doing a very good job (and they arent doing a very good job right now buuuttt) but I think if another company bought out youtube they would have to start from scratch, like google did, not knowing anything much about the inner workings, the people, the platform, the viewers of youtube ect. They would have to start with a clean slate and learn everything that Google already knows about YouTube... Which could take a while..
I don't think google was that good at their job when it came to youtube, but... I don't know if any other big, money and power hungry companies would do a better job than that...

Hope that made sense. I should be asleep rn. LOL

Back