Do you think dead channels are cursed by something?

KCVisualz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
I think it's up to your subscribers are they really active subscribers. I notice that most people do sub4sub which can work for some and not others as most people will sub jus for a sub back or the other thing is are you creating content that your subscribers are still into. YouTube is hard to get your head around but good content and a niche is key I believe.

Reactions: Austerpower

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you have 8300+ subs and 50 views per video, I'm gonna be honest.. That's not good.. That's.. really bad..
I do think that would impact your channel growth. Basically, when you upload a video, at least 5% of your subscribers should watch that video. So, you should be getting about 400 views per video. If less than 5% of your subs watch the video, YouTube thinks it's not interesting and doesn't promote it as much. This is what I've been hearing, anyway. I have no idea what could have caused your views to vanish, though.
I have 4K subs and I usually get 280 to 500 views, it’s terrible but now that I don’t have ads on my videos I noticed my videos isn’t showing in my subscribers notifications until a day or even a week later so my video from last week is getting more new views and the same thing happens everytime by next week this weeks video will have 300 views and my breaks new won’t get any views until 5 days after I upload :(

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I honestly kind of disagree that not uploading for a while can kill channels. Many big youtubers have done it like Bill Wurst and I did for a month or two and my views have actually sky rocketed. I think you are targetting an oversaturated genre and need to find a niche. Also the videos are too long and a bit uninteresting. I could be an exception since I get close to the amount of daily views as subscribers but you should be aiming for a quarter. Maybe market them to reddit.

Noir Proxy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
I honestly kind of disagree that not uploading for a while can kill channels. Many big youtubers have done it like Bill Wurst and I did for a month or two and my views have actually sky rocketed. I think you are targetting an oversaturated genre and need to find a niche. Also the videos are too long and a bit uninteresting. I could be an exception since I get close to the amount of daily views as subscribers but you should be aiming for a quarter. Maybe market them to reddit.
I honestly tried that but many gaming subreddits are don't allow you to share content unless you are in a chosen circle...such as being a mod xD It is why I stay away from Reddit a lot because of the known elitism. That being said I know you are right. The content is oversaturated and I did decide a long time ago that I would stick to reviews and editorial opinion pieces. I don't think my reviews are uninteresting and I actually put 8+ hours of work into them before posting for little viewership. The gameplay videos are just adding to what every gaming channel also does, so yeah I need to suck it up and cut those as everyone does them and to be honest I don't see the point in them anyway unless I want my voice heard.

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I honestly tried that but many gaming subreddits are don't allow you to share content unless you are in a chosen circle...such as being a mod xD It is why I stay away from Reddit a lot because of the known elitism. That being said I know you are right. The content is oversaturated and I did decide a long time ago that I would stick to reviews and editorial opinion pieces. I don't think my reviews are uninteresting and I actually put 8+ hours of work into them before posting for little viewership. The gameplay videos are just adding to what every gaming channel also does, so yeah I need to suck it up and cut those as everyone does them and to be honest I don't see the point in them anyway unless I want my voice heard.
there are still various reddits where you can post that would help you get a bit of a traffic. The problem is when I browse your channel it looks as though the overwhelming number of videos are gaming videos and they all have quite similar almost manufactured tags. They look good but there is not enough differentiation and it confuses anyone who decides to click on your channel to explore. For example that is how I entice new subs to get sucked into my branding. They usually like a video click on my channel and they can explore my videos with general ease so that they don't lose track. Try that.[DOUBLEPOST=1521694583,1521694013][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think it's up to your subscribers are they really active subscribers. I notice that most people do sub4sub which can work for some and not others as most people will sub jus for a sub back or the other thing is are you creating content that your subscribers are still into. YouTube is hard to get your head around but good content and a niche is key I believe.
nice bars[DOUBLEPOST=1521694685][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have 4K subs and I usually get 280 to 500 views, it’s terrible but now that I don’t have ads on my videos I noticed my videos isn’t showing in my subscribers notifications until a day or even a week later so my video from last week is getting more new views and the same thing happens everytime by next week this weeks video will have 300 views and my breaks new won’t get any views until 5 days after I upload :(
Hmm I've heard that monetization helps improve searchability. Right now I'm at 500 so need double to monetize though. But at the same time I think you really can drive traffic to your channel without ads.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
there are still various reddits where you can post that would help you get a bit of a traffic. The problem is when I browse your channel it looks as though the overwhelming number of videos are gaming videos and they all have quite similar almost manufactured tags. They look good but there is not enough differentiation and it confuses anyone who decides to click on your channel to explore. For example that is how I entice new subs to get sucked into my branding. They usually like a video click on my channel and they can explore my videos with general ease so that they don't lose track. Try that.[DOUBLEPOST=1521694583,1521694013][/DOUBLEPOST]

nice bars[DOUBLEPOST=1521694685][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hmm I've heard that monetization helps improve searchability. Right now I'm at 500 so need double to monetize though. But at the same time I think you really can drive traffic to your channel without ads.
Yeah you can still get traffic in my analytics it shows I’m getting traffic and engagement, I get around 2k views a month, I’m only able to upload once a week sometimes I miss a week so I usually have 3-4 a month and over 8 videos with over 1k to 2k on each video[DOUBLEPOST=1521696482][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah you can still get traffic in my analytics it shows I’m getting traffic and engagement, I get around 2k views a month, I’m only able to upload once a week sometimes I miss a week so I usually have 3-4 a month and over 8 videos with over 1k to 2k on each video. I know the average percentage of subscribers views are 5 - 10 percent, if that’s the case then I get around 10%
[DOUBLEPOST=1521696574][/DOUBLEPOST]
No one should ever do sub for sub, I never did it but see so many people eaither doing subs for sub or buying subs that’s not something anyone what to do

Reactions: KCVisualz

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I appreciate the feedback. The 5 month gap was due to losing someone very close to me in my life, so it was death on two fronts I guess. :-( Yeah I am not very knowledgeable with SEO. Well at least with videos. I do it quite well in writing jobs but I think a lot of tags need to be repeatable because you need to imagine yourself as a viewer and what you would search for. If that makes sense?

I am sorry for your loss. You did well coming back after only 5 months.

I think your channel and videos have potential and that was why I took the time to help. You clearly have a strong work ethic and want this to work so that is half the battle. The thumbnails and artwork are very good. The titles and tags are also decent. You just need to come up with unique longish descriptions for each video, peppered with a few decent keywords and also links to 2-3 other videos. Make sure you make full use of cards, endscreens and playlists too. Each video should have gateways into 2-3 other videos and/or playlists. You're trying to get viewers to watch several of your videos in a session. If you do that, the algorithm notices those chains and starts suggesting video 1 in the chain on someone elses video. That's how channels grow.

(I've moved this to the review forum as that's what this thread has become. :) )

Reactions: Noir Proxy

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah you can still get traffic in my analytics it shows I’m getting traffic and engagement, I get around 2k views a month, I’m only able to upload once a week sometimes I miss a week so I usually have 3-4 a month and over 8 videos with over 1k to 2k on each video[DOUBLEPOST=1521696482][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1521696574][/DOUBLEPOST]
No one should ever do sub for sub, I never did it but see so many people eaither doing subs for sub or buying subs that’s not something anyone what to do
hmmm for the amount of subs you have I still find that unsettling. For comparison I have just under 500 subs but got 11k views last month. Judging by what I see in your channel I think you should play around with more thumbnails but you do have a good niche concerninig punk esque music. Reddit really does help drive traffic.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hmmm for the amount of subs you have I still find that unsettling. For comparison I have just under 500 subs but got 11k views last month. Judging by what I see in your channel I think you should play around with more thumbnails but you do have a good niche concerninig punk esque music. Reddit really does help drive traffic.
Yes but you also upload more so yes you will get more views added total if was do more videos I would havre more views monthly. Also see channels with the same amount of subscribers and they also have around the same views and some channels have way more subscribers sbd their well noun but their views dropped less then mine

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Yes but you also upload more so yes you will get more views added total if was do more videos I would havre more views monthly. Also see channels with the same amount of subscribers and they also have around the same views and some channels have way more subscribers sbd their well noun but their views dropped less then mine
Actually I only really started uploading a lot within the past two weeks and the cumulative views have given me 2.4k views however the rest is just from older videos .