Do You Script Your Videos?

Laura Buchanan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm just wondering how many people script their videos. I used to but, scripting didn't work for me. I know I'm making my editing harder by not scripting. But it works for me.

For those of you who do script, who do you go about it? What is your writing process? Also what do you spend more time on? Writing, filming or Editing? Which do you enjoy more?

Do you think you could not script a video?

I'm just wondering!

Reactions: Reina

SlenderMan

I'M WATCHING YOU
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator, Designer, Other
I never script for my videos except for short films, of course :p

Reactions: Laura Buchanan

Reina

YTT's Grey Warden
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Nope, I don't ever script my videos. I just say whatever's on my mind on-the-spot. If I make a mistake, I try to make it funny and laugh it off. :D

SlenderMan

I'M WATCHING YOU
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator, Designer, Other
Nope, I don't ever script my videos. I just say whatever's on my mind on-the-spot. If I make a mistake, I try to make it funny and laugh it off. :D
Long time no see! Where have you been?

Laura Buchanan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey same here, usually my mistakes are pretty hilarious!

LyfeWithDragons

Mother of Dragons...Wait...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm just wondering how many people script their videos. I used to but, scripting didn't work for me. I know I'm making my editing harder by not scripting. But it works for me.

For those of you who do script, who do you go about it? What is your writing process? Also what do you spend more time on? Writing, filming or Editing? Which do you enjoy more?

Do you think you could not script a video?

I'm just wondering!
Normally, if I have something important to say, and I'm sitting down, talking to the camera, I'll write out some notes. That way I can keep focused, and remember what I was going to talk about. Other than that, all off the top of mah head!

Reina

YTT's Grey Warden
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Long time no see! Where have you been?
Heya, Slendy! I've been busy with work, haha. I'm a lot more free now, so I'm back and active on YTtalk again! How have you been?

Laura Buchanan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Normally, if I have something important to say, and I'm sitting down, talking to the camera, I'll write out some notes. That way I can keep focused, and remember what I was going to talk about. Other than that, all off the top of mah head!
I've only really gone as far as dot points, I know that I am better off the cuff, especially if I've thought threw the idea enough!

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it depends on your niche and content, in gaming some people can take a few notes of key things they want to say and work with that but that wouldnt work for someone doing say a short film. For me it depends on what I am doing, the YTtalk videos I have notes for and some of the notes are more in depth than others at times. When I am thoroughly planning something I tend to write a proper script although I am no good memorising them, if youre not too good with scripts I would do as Hank Green does in this video: